How do implants feel? Surgery Aug 7!!!

feistyemm
on 7/22/12 12:25 am - Westchester, NY
 So I've decided to do the extra skin on my back and the breast implants. I was trying to decide between that and the revision of the LBL -- for my history, I know I would need more healing time than a month, when I'd have to go back to work (education). So I need the whole summer for that, which means next summer. So be it.

On August 7th I'm supposed to get gel implants under the muscle without a lift-- approx. 300cc's or maybe less (I don't want to be big, just fill the space) -- I'd like to hear from those who have gotten them:

HOW DO THEY FEEL?
Will it feel weird? If so, does it abate? How long after?
How long will I be aware of them physically, aside from the norm of having bigger breasts?
Has anyone wished they hadn't done it?
Has anyone had them taken out?

28 years ago I had breast reduction from an F cup to a Full B. I know it is very sore for a while -- I expect that. And it was strange to be different. I expect that. But it was all my tissue, so this is different. I'd love to hear your experiences...

Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Anne D.
on 7/22/12 12:47 am
I got my silicone implants under the muscle 5 days ago. They don't feel like implants, they just feel like regular breasts. Mine are 300 also, I'm loving them, not too big, but just big enough.

NoMore B.
on 7/22/12 4:34 am
 I have 400 cc silicone under muscle.  They feel totally natural, normal.  I dont think anyone could ever tell the difference.
feistyemm
on 7/22/12 4:48 am - Westchester, NY
 Thank you both for replying. Both of you feel comfortable, which is great to hear -- even 5 days out!

And Joanne - I looked at your thigh lift -- I want to do that, and I would lovre to have your results! Did you do medial or vertical? I had a minor medial to get the hanging part from the top 5 years ago, and the problem was that the weight of the thigh skin has pulled down the mons area just enough to bother me, i.e., it doesn't look right. I don't think he tethered it to [I don't know what he was supposed to tether it to] so it would not pull down. May speak to him tomorrow about that during final consult about implants. Or wait until after... need to focus on the present right now.

I don't understand the things being posted "elsewhere" -- where are they posting things?

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm

PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

NoMore B.
on 7/22/12 9:42 am
 I had the vertical thigh lift.  I really needed it, I had a lot of excess skin, as you can see in the pictures.  The scar doesnt bother me at all.

I did hear that the medial thigh lift scar can "migrate" down, so you should definitely ask about that.

You must have read in my profile about me saying that I post elsewhere.  There's another WLS board that I use, but Obesity Help wont let us give out the link here.  You can probably find it by googling.  I had the DS for my weight loss surgery, so there are mostly DS'ers there, but more and more people with different WLS types are encouraged to join, and are joining.
Pura Vida
on 7/23/12 9:22 pm - Costa Rica
 Hijack, Joanne your thighs look amazing!

bamabelle16
on 7/22/12 8:19 am
Good questions! Ladies - why did you select silicone versus saline?
Highest Weight: 265 lbs Pre-Op Weight: 249 lbs Surgery Weight: 238 lbs Current Weight: 124 lbs
Anne D.
on 7/22/12 12:03 pm
My surgeon suggested silicone, plus I thought they felt and looked more natural.

Kelly W.
on 7/22/12 11:15 pm - WA
 I am 6 wks out and mine fill so natural. I have silicone too 275 cc. I was going to go a little bigger but dr recommended this size and told me he didn't think bigger was a good idea since I am so weight conscious. I am so happy with results. Good luck!  
feistyemm
on 7/23/12 8:31 am - Westchester, NY
 So, Kelly, with the 275cc, what size did that end up making you?  What were you before your surgeon added the 275cc's? Thank you for the response --everyone seems to be saying the same thing -- that it feels natural. And most have it put under muscle. I saw the doctor today and he said that I might feel pain for a while because he will be manipulating muscle.

Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm

Most Active