day 2 post op extended tummy tuck.

melizabeth
on 3/9/13 1:29 am - CA
Allergic to the oxycodon, rash and extreme itching. I took 25mg of Benadryl, which helped. I had liquid Loratab from Rny surgery which works nicely. However, I need it every 3 hours. My doctor said that its ok to do that for another 24 hours. Never had anything this painful, but it is managable. I keep my husband hopping. I slept on couch while he slept in the recliner close by. This better ne worth it!

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

ReadyforPlastics
on 3/9/13 2:20 am

Sorry you had to deal with an allergic reaction - I have a problem with loratab and hydrocodone myself.  I'm so glad the benadryl helped because sometimes the itching an even be worse than the pain.

Please do keep us posted.  I'm having (unless I chicken out) an extended tummy tuck on April 2nd.  While I really hate to hear that you are in so much pain, I am very thankful for you taking the time to share an honest account of what recovery is like. 

Every day should hopefully get a little bit better.  It may take a while before you say you are glad you did this, but if you are like 99% of people, there will indeed come a day when you will say it was completely worth it!  Don't worry about that now, though.  Just focus on healing.  Keep your liquids up, protein up, walk (slowly,carefully) regularly... every day you will heal more and more.    I'm glad it sounds like you have a supportive hubby at your side to help you through this.

take care!!

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

emelar
on 3/9/13 4:16 am - TX

Lortab is a life saver.  If your doc didn't give you any, ask for valium.  It's an anti-spasmodic.  Yeah, the hurting is no joke, but it'll get better.

exohexoh
on 3/12/13 4:55 am - West Chester, PA

glad you made it out of surgery! can't wait to see the results!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active