Post Weight Loss 16 Year Old Wants Brest Lift/Augmentation!

fernfrog
on 6/17/13 1:46 am - CA

Looking for some input.  I had WLS in 9/2009, I was successful at 115lbs weight loss and due to being 36 and single at the time I was in a rush for my plastics which I did in 11/2010 (TT/Breast Aug/Lift).   It helped my "single gal" esteem tremendously! However, in hindsight, I had my plastics at the point where I was actually UNDER weight. I'm now creeping up on the 4 year mark and I've gained 50lbs back from my lowest underweight point. I could stand to lose 25lbs. I feel as though had I waited on my plastics my result would be different.

Anyway, I digress, my niece went to boarding school for the school year at Wellsprings Therapeutic School and she lost 80lbs. She is a 16 year old stunner! She is doing fabulous but she wants her "boobs fixed like Aunt Meg did". Um, great!  If it were my child I would be making her wait until she is AT LEAST 18. I know that her body won't be done growing until her early 20's. She is tiny now, will she gain a little bounce back weight? She has only been home from school (where she will stay this upcoming year) for three weeks. My sister has consult appointments with surgeons.   I feel that the doctors will want the money and not be honest that they think she should wait.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone have experience with teens and plastics after massive weight loss? I'm inviting any and all opinions. Does anyone know of any research done on this?

emelar
on 6/17/13 1:59 am - TX

Most docs want you to maintain a steady weight for 6-12 months before they'll do surgery just to make sure that you're really finished.

MyBariatricLife
on 6/17/13 5:38 am
If I recall reading on the Mentor site, which are the implants most surgeons use, they are indicated for women 20 yrs and older for the silicone implants. She would likely need them replaced every 10 yrs on average, from what I understand.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active