Breast CYSTs almost a year after Breast Lift

godzilla
on 6/18/13 2:14 am - Israel
My Breast Lift was 30/07/12.
I am after menopause (hysterectomy in May 2005). I do not take any hormones.
I had to fight to do breast US or else wait until September or travel out of town.
I pushed my GP to write urgent and had the US today.
Righty is full of cysts and Lefty has two.
Advice comfort encouragement are all welcome.
Mikimi in Israel
Angela B.
on 6/18/13 2:33 am - Austin, IN
oh I'm so sorry you are having trouble. I will keep you in prayer.

exohexoh
on 6/18/13 4:56 am - West Chester, PA
So sorry to hear this mikimi. Keep us updated!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Kim S.
on 6/18/13 6:09 am - Helena, AL

Do not panic!  Many cysts and benign.  And in many cases, the bigger the more likely they are benign.  I've had two breast scares.  Right after I lost all my weight I could feel two large lumps in Lefty.  Had them removed, and they were just fatty tumors (I have VERY dense breast tissue-no family history of ANY cancer whatsoever, although I do realize that doesn't make me bullet proof). Then, had my breast lift in November 2012, and had mammogram in April 2013.  Called for a compression mammogram a few days later.  THEN, after compression, had to schedule needle assisted biopsy....it was very scary...the "grains" of sand they saw on my mammogram were suspicious....the doctor said 30% chance it is malignant.  Thank the Lord, all was well, and it was benign.  Again, it was ole Lefty.  Now, he is smaller than Righty..........oh well, at least I am good to go for now.

I will be thinking of you, praying all is well.  Please keep us posted.

godzilla
on 6/18/13 6:21 am - Israel
Of course thanks to all *****spond!
Kim: these are mostly "small" at 9mm and one is 1.8mm and Right was the one who opened along areola incision and took a long time to close.
Annoying HMO bureaucracy as they won't give me paper approval for my PS medical meeting to discuss removal of dog-ears which should be done but as I have wound healing issues there is question on benefit vs. risk.
I hope to know more in the next few days as to which type of doc I need to see.
Did I mention it hurts and burns?
I doubt cancer and all the biopsies areas from the breast lift were clear.
Mikimi
MyBariatricLife
on 6/18/13 7:04 am

Mikimi be well!!! I am hoping for you that they are benign!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Tess145
on 6/19/13 2:10 am - Senatobia, MS

Mikimi:

I have had two benign cysts in my left breast at different times.  They burned and were sore to the touch.  The first one they were able to drain and then antibiotics were taken to heal it.  The second one was larger and had to be surgically removed.  I have a pretty little crescent moon scar from that one.  No cancer just cysts.  I have a mammogram done every 12 months.  The last cyst was removed in 2007 and have had no more issues since then.  Praying that you will be as lucky as me.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 6/19/13 2:28 am - Israel
I am hoping my HMO will let my PS help decide what to do along with fog-ears on breasts rather than having to see only surgeon when I already have a scheduled apptmt with my PS for 4 July.
My last mammogram was November 2011 and Breast Lift was 30/07/12 and the skin removed and biopsies was all clear and no problem.
Just another glitch on the way to slimmer looking body.
Mikimi
gladys_brown
on 8/17/16 7:35 pm

Hi, how was it? Are you okay now? Hope everything went well at your end.

godzilla
on 8/19/16 12:49 pm - Israel
I had wound healing issues with every reconstructive surgery i had in Israel. Although my hmo covered all costs (aside from my personal traveling expenses as the hospital was three hours away from my home city) after i appealed my procedures were 'minimalistic' in the sense that my tummy tuck officially was an,apronectomy but as i am short and so is my torso-my apronectomy approved by the hmo became a type of tummy tuck,once i was on the operating table and when a year later i applied and appealed for a breast reduction, the 'highers up' in,my hmo,system claimed that i had a full tummy tuck when they had only approved me for apronectomy.
Apronectomy i think is synonymous with panniculectomy and with both my surgeruss here in Israel i,had wound healing issues.
This past November after filong for reconstructive plastic surgery for my inner thighs with my hmo and being denied aswell as consulting privately with a PS who only works privately- i,realized if i really want my inner thighs to look more normal, and i considering taking out aloan to,pay privately: i sent emsil with very detsiled medical surgical situation and picsof my body to Dr Francisco Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico to get aquote from him.
That quote from DrS included his driver picking up from,the airport and after my surgery+recovery time also a taxi,to,the airport;12 days after surgery (each procedure may have different amout of days there; my inner thighs in a long thigh lift was considerd; in a hotel to slowly recuperate .
One arrives a day before surgery to get acclimated and when driver picks you up from the airport he is holding a sign with our name and what time to be ready later that day (and to make sure we take a shower before we meet him) for DrS to pick,up and meet us in his office as if we are meeting him for the very first time as he talks with us about our medical history that we have already sent him and then he matks our body up for whatever procedures we are having the bext day and we will only be able to,shower agsin after a certain amount of time after the surgery snd with the help of a nurse in the private clinic.
Once back in the hotel, DrS nurse Paty comes to each patient to help them shower and dress our incisions put on the compression garment (DrS gives us two compression garments so that we wesr one and wash one which helps for better surgical hygiene). These two sets of compression garmentsand Paty coming daily (either before or after her nursing shift at the hospital where we have our surgery.
The hotel also serves breakfast of rolls, pastries, fresh fruits, fruit,yogurts, milk and dry ceresls, and a big heated vat of scrambled eggs (sometimes on their own but more often than not also with ham/bacon).
We have an option for a recliner and small fridge in our hotel room. Out the periphery of the hotel are a restaurants as well as out the back door and across the parking lot there is a shopping mall eith HEB (like Costco), and i sawa healtg food shop there abd ice cream place,clothing and shoes shops snd a mobie theatre. What we choose to buy in shopping is our own budget however DrS quote includes all,m of the above and i think teice aweek,is Happy Hour evening 'snack meal' thst includes cut veggies and cold drinks (sodas and beers), simple potato chips and peanuts and everything has hot sauce available for those who are used to it- which is not me.
I stayed an extra day or two due to my airline travel connections to,return to Israel.
AlAll of this in DrS quote to me plus my arline tickets was 1/4 of what i would have had to pay had i decided to go with the private PS in Israel with only one night in hospital and follow-up apptmt but in a hospital more thsn three hours away from where i live and only one compression garment.
I am already fantasizing a future trip back to DrS to complete my reconstructive journey of removal of exceas skin to a body thst is more normal. I will trade blubber jelly belly hanging pendulum breasts for scars any day. But first i have to finish off pating back the bank before i can,plan another trip although i have written with DrS and emailed him,the pucs of what else he can do to improve my body ; after so many years of being morbidly obese most of us get real,bodily improvements but not necessarily perfection.

Most Active