Dog Ears Mastopexy and bureaucracy saga continued

godzilla
on 7/10/13 4:31 pm - Israel
I've delayed paying as I suffer from emotional issues of Borderline Personality Disorder and I take to heart negative comments or no comments. This is why I try to comment to others in the manner that I do - to give encouragement in any way I can.
Last week I saw the Head Plastics of my HMO of all of Israel. He only works in the HMO clinic once a week from 8am-11am on Tuesdays. I have Disability from the govmt and I babysit Monday and Tuesday afternoons for a lady who learns twice a week. I had to cancel work last week to make my apptmt of 10am.
This Professor is learned but I found to be arrogant and lacking bedside manner. He asked me questions that he should have known based on my file - simple questions as to why I came to him (he "demanded" if I wanted my HMO to cover my hospital clinic payment after paperwork sent twice to main office and denied me unless...); where I had my surgery (public hospital or private pay).
Then he examined me and pinched the dog-ear and took photographs. He is not a ***** but his attitude was so negative! His original denial to me in January at the medical review for further reconstructive plastics was : thighs are large and flabby in all ex-obese people and the side blubber and dog-ears of the breast are cosmetic. The dog-ears hurt! I have been in Appeals with Ministry of Health since February however the pain I suffer from the dog-ears is unbearable.
His answer came after an hour and a half by SMS that he has in front of him paperwork from February that my HMO office denied my request so he could not approve my request of that day. Then why the hell did he not peruse my file before I came and not ask me to come and miss my only two days of work?!?
I filed a complaint online via my HMO site against this professor and have heard back from the Regional Doctor of my HMO on what he wants me to send him to help my case and that my HMO will cover cost of dog-ears excision.
I saw my PS the beginning of June and he said I should schedule to come for apptmt in clinic Plastics Ward medical discussion for if/how to deal with my dog-ears. That meeting (long table and all PS doctors there and then you are examined behind a pagoda) was 4 July (Israel has different work schedule than US). I had to pay nominal fee which I will request refund from my HMO.
The meeting decision was/is that to do the excision by local anesthetic in Day Surgery but only one side at a time due to my previous wacko wound healing issues. Paying privately will not help me to be seen and taken care of earlier. Price for one side will be 1000SH (I think $245) but my PS wrote the code as lipoma/cyst so maybe my HMO will cover the cost...but I am going to fight that my HMO should cover no matter what as the dog-ears are a known complication in any plastic surgery and my Mastopexy was covered by the HMO.
The Day Surgery is scheduled for 22 October - and this is after proteksia that I was originally given date for January 2014.
On Sunday I see my GP to get my scripts and other things so I will ask her to write more detailed how long I have been complaining of pain from the dog-ears. And I will fax all the necessary papers to the Regional Doctor.
I need support on my journey and not criticism for wanting (needing) plastics while suffering from wound healing issues. And no I am not diabetic- if anything my blood HbA1C is too low at 3.7 and my zinc is high.
Mikimi in Israel
Southernsleever
on 7/10/13 5:25 pm

I know you have had struggles for a long time with your plastics journey. I hope your insurance pays to have your dog ears fixed and they do it soon. I also hope that you have good healing and everything turns out well!

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/13 8:16 pm

Hey brave beautiful Lady !  I have MISSED U so much ...and am so gratified to hear Ur  amazing strength thru this frustrating struggle.  You WILL get what you need and want ....

((((()))))  bravo for TRYING

Laura in Texas
on 7/10/13 10:52 pm

I hope you find relief. Are you sure the pain is from the dog-ears and not something else underneath? Dog-ears are just skin and tissue. I have never heard of pain associated with them. I have one I need to get fixed, too, but there is no pain involved.

Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

godzilla
on 7/10/13 11:06 pm - Israel
Most definitely the dog-ears and been confirmed by three PS. It is the corners of the breasts where the inner horizontal seam of my bra is and the underband . The left side is like a knotted rope and the right side is like knotted shoelaces.
Mikimi
Crazeru
on 7/12/13 4:36 am

You have had to fight for everything that you are getting done.  I hope this latest fight will end your pain and fix the dog ears so that they don't hurt.  You were right to file a complaint against the PS.  What a jerk.  At least you are closer than you were.  October is just around the corner.  Chin up, you are a tough lady.  Prayers sweetie.  It's still a long time to live with the pain.  Maybe your PCP can help with a script.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

godzilla
on 7/12/13 5:06 am - Israel
Thank you for your encouragement!
I have OxyContin at home but I don't want to get addicted.
Yesterday the nurse in my HMO took photos of dog-ears and excess skin to email the Regional Doctor and I sent in as much paperwork as I could. All this in the hopes that I will get refunded back the money for the clinic apptmt as well as medical coverage for dog-ears excision.
The wait is "long" but also all the Jewish High Holidays are September-October. Buy October is way better than January!
Mikimi in Israel
Most Active