Emotional Roller Coaster

TracyK
on 12/16/13 12:45 am - FL

I go in for my TT on Wednesday and I am excited 1 minute and scared the next.  The thing is, I trust the doctor and I have wanted this since the c-section birth of my daughter in 1995!  I assume I am not the only one that is going through this or has went through it?  Thank you for listening to me...

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

katier825
on 12/16/13 4:58 am

I had my surgery 12/5 (LBL) and am an emotional mess right now. i go from ok to tears in no time at all.  from what i've read, it's normal.  i also have alot of other issues going on at the moment too.  hubby is having surgery Friday and trying to work out a place for dad to move to soon, either nursing home or other relative because he's at the point he needs more care that we can offer because we both work full time.  emotions running high these days.

good luck to you!

TeashaLorna
on 12/16/13 8:33 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I had a Fleur de lis TT and Brachoplasty on the 2nd of Dec and some days I am an emotional wreck. I sure hope it is normal. :-)  From what I have seen here it totally is normal; our bodies have gone through alot of changes and the anticipation of the change is just as emotional.  You will do good!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

darlingdeb
on 12/16/13 10:15 pm - OH

I go for my Panni on Wednesday also.  I am excited and terrified at the same time also!!  I was not scared when I had my RNY last April but boy I am awful nervous about this one.  My husband said I should have never watched the video of a Panni being performed on You Tube.  lol!!  I sometimes think that ignorance can be bliss!!!  Good Luck!!    debbie

TracyK
on 12/23/13 9:45 pm - FL

I had to giggle a little about your comment of watching videos.  I have been almost obsessed with YouTube and surgery/recovery clips.  I think I just got myself too scared for nothing.  Hindsight is 20/20 right?  I am not 6 days post op and feel great, sore but great...and Happy about my decision.  Now to heal and get on with life.  :)

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Gizzys
on 12/19/13 6:07 am - Canada

Totally normal to be excited and scared at the same time.  It's a big deal forsure.  After the surgery you will probably have mixed feelings.  Excitement, pain and regret.  It's all normal and will get better as time goes on.  Good luck!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Most Active