TT done now on to Thighs

TracyK
on 1/27/14 6:08 am - FL

I am 5 1/2 weeks post op from my TT and going to the PS for my legs next.  My appointment to get drawn on is on Feb 13 with the surgery to be scheduled for March.  I am not excited about them playing connect the dots on me naked and am really nervous to see how much they draw on me.  I am not 100% on what they are going to do since doing a full LBL would have been "catastrophic" (as the doctor says) to my butt.  So they are looking at an inner thigh lift with extensive lipo on inner/outer thighs down to my knees and a fat transfer to my butt.  

The TT was ok for pain, the first 2 weeks were the worst for pain but an now to being  pain free.  (Just have a small spot under my breast bone where they tightened me up).  I have been looking on YouTube videos and reading about recovery.  My question is to you, who have had this type of procedure done, how would you rate the pain compared to the TT?  I have strong thighs (I love to run) and am worried how I will feel after and for how long.  What types of garments did you wear?  Could you get by with the TT garment (mine goes from just under breasts to knees).  How long did you take off from work?  My work is close enough to walk (1/2 mile) and am worried about being able to do it after the 2 weeks she is granting me.  I have not had much in the swelling department with this surgery and of course am wondering how bad the swelling is with the legs.  

Any other information you can  provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! 

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

MyBariatricLife
on 1/27/14 10:55 pm

I love love love my thigh lift!!! My thighs were crappy before surgery and now they look so youthful, and no cellulite. Dr. Capella does the most amazing thighs I have seen. And the thigh lift is only $6-7k. If only he could do it without leaving the scar! My scar goes down to my knees and if I want to hide it I will use waterproof airbrush makeup. I am only 3.5 mos out from surgery so my scars are still noticeable. It will take 18 mos for them to fade to white.

i did not use a compression garment. Recovery was pretty easy, and a piece of cake me compared to the tummy tuck. I had the thigh lift with three other procedures and I was back at the gym in 4 weeks, back to sex in two weeks, as far as work I am self employed and work from home so I did not have the issue of returning to an office. I did not have pain with my thigh lift. Just some tightness.

i was concerned about the markup, too. Most surgeons will draw all the incision lines, and let's face it, the thigh lift incisions are in very intimate places. I was relieved when my surgeon marked only the bottom part of my legs, from my knees to about halfway up my thighs. I have spoken with a few other patients about this and they were equally relieved.

patients who used surgeons that did mark everywhere have told me that it was done quickly and was not that bad to endure. 

Good luck with your thigh lift!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

TracyK
on 1/28/14 10:15 pm - FL

Thank you for you reply.  I am very excited about my tummy tuck and have even surprised my husband and trying on lingerie!  I can only imagine how I will look without the chubby thighs!  I am hoping to have this done about the 1-2nd week of March, so my the summer I can enjoy the fun and the new outfits! 

Tracy 

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

MyBariatricLife
on 1/30/14 12:54 pm

Good luck! I just want to warn you that sunlight makes the scars dark. You need to apply a 50 sun block and it is best to keep out of the sun for this summer. That is what I was told, anyway. Here is my scar at 3.5-mos post op. Everyone scars differently but this will give you an idea...

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

sonnieN
on 1/29/14 3:46 am, edited 1/29/14 3:46 am - grand rapids, MI

I don't remember my surgeon marking me up for my thighs. I did boobs at the same time and only remember that. Even so I was fully awake and standing up when they mark me (for all my surgeries) as he wanted to see what it looked like upright rather than laying down. I will say that the thighs was the most painful of all my surgeries. I was only off from work for 10 days (1 full week & weekends). Once I went back I was very sore and walked very gingerly and careful when I sat down as well. However I was back to full activities at 4 weeks, going to the bar and sex. Don't think I could have or would have been able to have sex at 2 weeks. My scar goes down to my knee as well as one in the front and back of the tops of my thighs (in the butt crease & front side). I would think that the garment you had for the TT would be good as long as the leg area had compression in it as well. I had one that zipped up at the sides going down to my knees and started mid tummy or so. Was different from my TT as that was just a waist binder I had for that one.

emelar
on 1/29/14 6:07 am - TX

We're on the same schedule!  I have pre-op on Feb 10 and thighplasty on March 6.  And I'm have the long incision as well.  My surgeon uses a different compression garment for the thigh lift versus the LBL.  This one goes from waist to ankles.  I plan to go back to work after a long 2 weeks (surgery Thursday and back to work two weekends later), and the doc's PA thinks it's do-able, but that I'll still have swelling and have to keep my legs elevated part of the day.  If worse comes to worse, I can telework.

nursegal132
on 2/7/14 12:00 am - CALGARY, Canada

Well I am having my thighs done on Tuesday, its the last big surgery and im done, maybe a little touch up here and there down the road, but I was greatful for this thread and the answers it has put my mind to rest,  Good luck with yours and please keep us posted.

Sophie

Most Active