Continuing Pain after Bra Blubber removal

godzilla
on 2/18/14 5:02 pm - Israel
Yesterday I had Day Surgery with local anesthetic on the right breast side for excision of dog ear and what I call Bra Bubber. The ps who did it is not the same one who knows me from other clinic or hospitalizations. She is know to be competent and she was pleasant and talking to me during the procedure (which took about an hour-and I imagine the scar will be ~17cm long as the left one is that long and was done in October last year).
However this ps typed up the summary and release paperwork ax one paragraph instead of itemized list of aftercare.
In October I was told oral antibiotic as well as topical and now only topical. In October I was explicitly written no strenuous activity for three days and one week sick leave and clinic appointment in ten days. Now there was only to remove stitches in two weeks by my HMO and clinic in a month. Nothing about pain killers (I'm a wimp and Thank GD have a script for oxy from my GP in any case) or sick leave.
I'm annoyed as I told this ps that I need to talk to her before she writes up the release letter to explain to her what my job is (I work part-time as a caretaker for a 94 year old granny who lives by her married son and his family; a job that can be quite physical in lifting and walking her to the bathroom for toileting shower and dressing her. It is a private job so no official paperwork but I live medical papers to be official). The medical clerks tell me my GP should write me sick leave but the way the HMO and GP work is that the GP reads the release paper and types the info into my computer file. So the Day Surgery nurse hand-wrote two weeks sick leave and signed and stamped it.
I know this feeling of mine is my issue on what I feel is proper protocol but I live alone and don't want complications as I do tend toward wound healing issues.
Oh, the hospital where my procedure was done, has a shopping mall with pharmacy, book store, bed&bath, candy and junk food, three eateries, mini market, lingerie and women night wear, shoes and orthopedic, bags and suitcases and gift toys.
My friend (who accompanied me) and I am walked around this mall after my procedure recovery and release. It was more for window shopping but I did go into the lingerie shop to look at bras. I am jot into lacy or decorative nor do I need an underwire. I'm wide but no volume to my cup size. The ps did not tell me to wear a bra or not and as my bra blubber scars on the areas where a bra band would be, I stopped wearing a bra.
But I wanted to see what size I am now with even less skin. Before my BL/BR I was 42-44C-D depending on the cut and style. For the original breast surgery in July 2012 I bought a front closing bra per order of the ps. That bra was Europian 95C. I am now Triumph bra size 90B (sorry I don't know for sure what it is in US but might be 36-38).
I wore the bra out of the store after paying 95SH(40% discount on all Triumph bras). But by the afternoon after the local anesthetic wore off, I was in pain. I went to the bathroom to take off the bra and saw a little dried blood on my new bra which scared me, so I took off the bra and I'm planning to not wear one again until aftil the stitches are removed.
Mikimi in Israel
RobynJC
on 2/20/14 5:20 am

Sorry to hear you are having pain. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy that new bra!

godzilla
on 2/20/14 6:15 am - Israel
Thanks for your response.
Think it will be a few weeks before I put a bra on again.
Pain is constant and I took 10ng oxy and then 20 drops of tramadol - and I think pain is dissipating.
Mikimi
Most Active