Ewwww, fluid post thigh lift

ravenbrown
on 9/18/14 1:10 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

So, my infection is clearing up, and I have come to feel grateful for my incision opening in the groin area because the lymphatic fluid is draining out of it.  My uninfected leg, however, has no incision openings so the fluid is just building up.  It was so bad that my knees wouldn't touch.  Never have I had a thigh that large.  My surgeon drained 650ccs of fluid out of it yesterday.  That is bigger than one of my implants!  Plastics is certainly not faint of heart.  Unfortunately, it's swelling again, so I'll be having a drain put in next Monday.  Le sigh.  I gotta say, I should have taken all the stuff I read and everything my surgeon said more seriously.  Thigh lifts suck.  I'm sure there will come a point when I'm happy I had this done, and I'm happy with my results because I truly do trust my surgeon, but I had no idea it would suck this bad.  Suck suck suck.  It just sucks.  OK, I've gotten that out of my system now ;)  I think this cured me of wanting to have anything else done until it's time for a face lift or something.  Seeing as I'm a young looking 33, I've got some time to forget how much this sucks sucks sucks.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

emelar
on 9/18/14 4:45 am - TX

Sorry to hear about the leakage.  Any complication after surgery just sucks big time.

Did you have drains originally?  I know some surgeons don't like them, but I'd rather have a place for the fluid to collect in versus the annoyance of the drain tube.

Keep us posted on your progress.  I'm sure this is just a blip in your recovery. 

ravenbrown
on 9/19/14 12:38 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

No drains, and I knew...I just KNEW I should have requested them considering how much drainage I had with my LBL (I had four drains with that).  Completely agree with rather having a place for the fluid to collect.  This is hilarious, but I've been wearing my daughter's prefolds (I cloth diapered) because of the amount of drainage I've had out of the incision opening.  She's potty trained now, but I'm basically wearing a diaper inside of my husband's boxer briefs inside of the compression garment.  :)  I did gauze, but I was going through sooooo much of it.  I tried maxis, but they are crunchy and uncomfortable, so prefold it is!  I told my surgeon that I guess I had to have a surgery where I had some complications - my LBL & BA/BL was complication free, I was pretty much back to normal at 3 weeks, and my sleeve was a total non-event other than the whole re-learning how to eat.  I am hopeful that eventually I'll feel like this was worth it, but I'm so tired of being tired and gooey.  And whining. Thank you :)

emelar
on 9/19/14 1:31 am - TX

Perfect use for the nappies!  We manage to come up with all sorts of Mcgyvering went we need to.

pineview01
on 9/24/14 1:35 pm - Davison, MI

My surgeon put in the drains and than pulled them the second day when I asked the be left for at least 7 days.  Than when I bleed into the incision it didn't have anywhere to go.  Than he said it would open it to drain, stop the bleeding and clean.  All the PS said this would lead to issues and it has,  Today at six month he said yes that leg has to much tissue but he will not do any more surgery on me as I bleed.

I feel frustrated as they (the doc/hospital) caused the issue and now won't work on me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lomercha
on 9/19/14 11:46 am

Did you have drains in your legs immediately after your surgery? I am two weeks post op from a long thigh lift and I still have my drains in. They cannot be removed until they are draining less than 50cc in 24 hour period. Just curious.

ravenbrown
on 9/19/14 12:45 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

No, I did not. My surgeon doesn't place drains for thigh lifts. The vertical incision is about half way down my thigh. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/20/14 4:24 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

How are you doing sweetie? For my mini thigh lift (no vertical incisions, just groin ones) I had two drains on each side, front and back. They only stayed in for two days post op though. There was hardly anything draining. I hope everything clears up for you very soon!! Huge hugs!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

heather_shrinking201

on 9/21/14 9:32 am
VSG on 10/28/13

I had an extended inner thigh lift and TT on 8/29, so I'm a bit over 3 weeks post-op, the swelling is definitely the worst! 

Heather

VSG 10-28-13 - Goal reached!

TT & inner thigh lift 8-29-13

ravenbrown
on 9/22/14 1:46 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Seriously, this is such an annoying surgery!  I am not a whiner, I am not a baby about pain, but I'm so sick of this.  I have mini wound openings in about four places in the vertical portion of my incision on my left leg that are draining slowly but surely - which just happened at 3 weeks postop.  I'm just so sick of feeling oozy and whiny.  And I'm sick of my husband wanting some type of sexual satisfaction.  Get off me, bozo.  There is nothing about me that feels remotely sexy right now, but apparently not even oozy thigh wounds are a turn off for him.  :)  I love you, lady.  I am actually fine, just very grumpy. 

Most Active