Fleur De Lis Anyone?

gabriellaz
on 10/28/14 8:03 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Hello everyone! I will be having a Breast augmentation and lift and extended tummy tuck in one month and I am suuuuper excited and a little scared. My surgeon recommended a fleur de lis instead of a number normal tummy tuck, he said the results would be much better for me due to all the weight loss, only downfall would be the scar. Can anyone who has has the fleur de lis tell me if they are happy with their results or do you regret it? And any other advice before my plastics would be appreciated. Thank you. Gabbz

MeliT
on 10/28/14 9:42 pm - Miami, FL

i'm in the same boat. my surgeon said the fleur de lis would be my best option. at first i was like no way. but the scars aren't actually that bad from what i've seen online. and the funny thing everyone who has had the fleur de lis is very happy with the result. never heard anyone say they regret it but i have heard ppl say they regret not getting it. so i'm sold.

gabriellaz
on 10/28/14 10:30 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

MeliT, Lol. Me too! I prefer better results and a scar then from what hear, muffin top and no scar. Is a fleur de lis usually a bit more pricier? When is your surgery? My surgery date is Deceember 1st. Thank you for your response. 

MeliT
on 10/28/14 10:47 pm - Miami, FL

wow!! right around the corner! so exciting!!! well so far only one doc suggested the fdl and its $3k more than regular TT. another reason for me to hesitate. but it makes sense because i mean, they're doing a lot more work and i hear it adds like 2 hours to the surgery. i have some more consultations coming up and i'm gonna ask them.

you know i hear ppl saying they went back in for revision to get the fdl. i'd rather just get it all done at first. and besides, i don't have money for a revision. but since i do plan to have more kids my doc says if later on down the line i do want a revision the fdl is a lot easier to go in there and tighten. so thats good to know. i'm planning my surgery for march because i still wanna lose like 20lbs. plus we have to save up the money. i'm a stay at home mom and we only have one income and one car. i'm using my car money for this. which means i'll have to wait another year 2016 before i can get a car. but happiness and a body that i love is more important to me. 

i'm so excited for you!!!! the more i look into it the more i can't wait for it. you will have to keep us posted and updated on everything so i can see what the recovery is like before i go in.

gabriellaz
on 10/28/14 10:58 pm, edited 10/29/14 4:42 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

I agree, I wouldn't want to have to go thru another surgery again. He told me to think about it at get back to him. So it's settled, Fleur de lis it is. I will definitely keep you posted. Thank you for posting, I loved reading all the replys, it really helped.

Needanewbeginning
on 10/29/14 12:36 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My tt is on November 21st. I asked about the fleur de lies. The two surgeons I saw both recommended the horizontal cut. I really don't want a muffin top and seriously need my mons repaired as well. I have lost 169 lbs, so I have a fair amount of skin left over. But, they both said the horizontal will be great for me. 

I admit, I thought the anchor cut was a better idea, but if my surgeon had suggested to have the anchor cut then that's what I would have. They are the experts with your particular cir****tances. Even if I had the anchor cut, I have no plans to go with a two piece so the vertical scar wouldn't bother me. I have wayyyy too many stretch marks for that. 

Good luck, it's an exciting time!

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

gabriellaz
on 10/29/14 1:19 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Wow Annette, How exciting! Your surgery is 10 days before mine. Thank you for responding. Best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery as well. Please keep us updated 😄 Gabbz

Needanewbeginning
on 10/29/14 1:46 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Will do, nervous and excited!! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 4:48 am

Depending on the amount of excess tissue that patients have, they may benefit more from extended incisions or up and down ones. It is always a trade-off between achieving the most improvement and tightness with least amount of scars. I discuss the advantages and disadvantages with my patients and come up with the best solutions together. Good luck! Drd

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 5:00 am

Most oif my patients you have had the fleur de lis TT have been happy with the increased tightness that I am able to achieve with this. It also gives a better waist line. I sit down with all my patients, listen to what exactly bothers them, talk about options after I exam them and then make a plan of trying to achieve the most improvement with the least amount of scars! Drd

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active