Lower body lift without lipo? Concerned about the shape I will end up with!

Bronco0605
on 11/25/14 9:48 pm

The surgeon I saw recently said he never uses lipo with abdominoplasty and I discussed turning the tummy tuck into lower body lift and he still stated there would be no lipo. He stated that lipo damages the blood supply  Have you guys ever heard of this kind of approach? I definite have fatty areas that I am concerned about. 

Needanewbeginning
on 11/26/14 12:05 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

All my consults suggested and do lipo, perhaps another consult would put your mind at ease. All of us are different I agree, but if he/she states he never does lipo then he believes in what he says, that's ok, but maybe not for you? 

Are you open to another consult?

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

emelar
on 11/26/14 12:17 am - TX

I thought I was going to need an anchor cut with lipo.  I did three consults.  None of the surgeons recommended anything but a regular incision, no lipo and I'm more than pleased with the results.  I second the suggestion that you go to additional consults just to get other opinions.  And yes, lipo does disrupt the blood supply.  So does the surgery.  Your surgeon may feel that it's just too much disruption.

Bronco0605
on 11/30/14 6:38 pm

I have seen three doctors the other two both said anchor cut and lipo and more money. This doc was much more affordable and closer to home but I am concerned about the outcome without those interventions. I am just so nervous about the whole thing I guess. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/14 4:55 am

If you have unwanted fatty tissue, then liposuction can most certainly be done and processed and reinjected into buttock or other areas as

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

needed. It should not interfere with the blood supply.

Most Active