Arm lift on Tuesday!!!!

Dejah H.
on 12/3/14 11:27 pm - Central, TX

I am having my arms done Tuesday, and I am SO excited and nervous!!  I had an extended TT done in August, and it has been wonderful! I know this will be great as well. I just can't help being nervous. I guess just the unknown.

Also, my husband is deployed now, so I am sad that he will not be here to help me. My mom will be with me the first few days, and then my 22 yr old daughter will be helping me after that. I am sure they will take great care of me, but really missing my hubby right now. 

Any advice on what to expect from those of you who have had the arm lift done? How does it compare to the TT? Words of wisdom?

Thanks for listening! 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

emelar
on 12/4/14 1:10 am - TX

I'm a few months out from extended breast lift/brachioplasty.  Recovery was pretty easy.  I was able to do things like wash my hair from the very beginning, but you definitely need to bring anything that's on a high shelf down to "within reach" level!  Like all the surgeries, try not to strain the area any more than necessary, get your rest, take your pain pills and chill.  I was back to work (desk job) full time after 2 weeks of recovery.  Still felt a bit like the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from the swelling, but I was functional.

Best of luck!  Hope your surgery is absolutely complication-free!

Dejah H.
on 12/4/14 1:37 am - Central, TX

Thank you! I will definitely take it easy on myself. :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:07 am

The tummy tuck is usually the most painful because the muscles are put together and everytime you cough you are pulling against the cut. The arms are primarily skin and fat. It does cause some issues with getting out of bed for it best not to put too much tension on the arms for there is a chance of opening up the cuts. I trust you did ask your plastic surgeon if he does give military discounts which I do. My best! Drd

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active