thigh lift/ scar revision with Dr. Nandagopal

jhpby
on 12/6/14 12:05 pm, edited 12/6/14 12:09 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a long time but I thought I would as I recently went through some more plastics.

I had my gastric bypass in 2011, lower body lift and implants in 2013, scar revision from lower body lift and medial thigh lift Nov 2014. Surgery weight was 346 and current weight is 183lbs.

I did a lot of research before going for the thigh lift and to be honest I was terrified going in to it. I read so many reviews about people saying how painful it was. 

Of all the surgeries I went through this was by far the least painful however it is the hardest to recover from with incision openings.

I had the surgery on November 12, had 2 drains in that were removed 3 days later... There wasn't much coming out of them. I unfortunately ended up with 4 openings... Both inner thighs, my belly button, and a spot on my back. I went back in on Nov 27 to have the holes restitched and shortly after my back opened again (not as bad as the first time), my belly button opened again (just as bad), my left thigh now has 2 small holes instead of 1 (a lot less drainage this time), my right thigh has skin tearing but not a hole like last time. There is still a fair bit of drainage. He repaired a small spot on my right hip that looked like it was stretching and could potentially open up... Well now it did and it's big! It is going to leave a very ugly scar.

You may be wondering if the surgeon did something wrong or what happened... I don't think there is anything he could have done different... All of my openings are in spots that are at high risk of opening (with the exception of my belly button). He has offered me laser scar treatment at no additional cost.

I had my original lower body lift and breast augmentation in Moncton with Dr. Jason Dool, at first I was ok with the results but after talking with other people and seeing other people's incision placement and incision width I knew my Surgeon kind of butchered me up (although I was told I was a text book case). 

My recent surgery was with Dr. Nandagopal out of Scarborough general. Although things haven't gone perfectly I would very highly recommend him. The follow up has been amazing, the lines of communication are always open, his incision lines are beautiful, and his bedside manor is fantastic! I wish I saw him for my surgery originally. When I first booked a consult it was to go in for a self pay thigh lift only. Him and his team recommended applying to ohip for scar revision of my lower body lift and incision under my right breast. It was approved so I was required to pay for the thigh lift and some for the redo of the lower body lift (ohip only covered opening and closing of the incisions) I paid for Lipo, additional tightening, redoing my Belly button, and abdominal muscle tightening if needed (I didn't need it).

I am going back in on Thursday to see Him again just to do a good cleaning and remove some little stitches. From what I know there will be no additional stitching which I'm ok with... I just want this to heal so I can get back to life.

Oh, before I go there's something else I should mention. After my surgery November 12 i was more active then I probably should have been so I could have made it a bit worse then it needed to be...however since going back in the 27th I have been laying down or standing, haven't tried to sit anywhere other then the toilet and I am still dealing with all these complications.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Jenn

HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Ihearttennis
on 12/6/14 12:55 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Hey Jenn.  Glad you are doing well and I appreciate you sharing your experience.  I am having lbl,ba,arms done on Dec 18, so its getting close.  I'm sorry you are having some issues but glad that they seem under control.I'm glad your doctor is working so closely with you.  Please take care and get better soon!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active