A little different plastics question

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/6/14 2:54 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Has anyone ever had a blepharoplasty? I am going to have it done in the next two weeks and am wondering if anyone can give me any tips from personal experience. Its both upper and lower eyelid surgery to remove overhanging skin and the under the eyes pouches and circles. The before and after pics look incredible but this is the face! So visible! This is a total vanity surgery, just for me. 

I haven't seen anyone talk abt face work much on here. Maybe Dr D and Dr L can chime in? What should I ask the surgeon, what is important and any other tips?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Ihearttennis
on 12/6/14 11:10 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Yay for you  That's so exciting.  My friend had it done and looks awesome.  Good luck!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

hollykim
on 12/7/14 4:33 am, edited 12/7/14 4:33 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I had it done upper and lower. Results are great,but there was a huge amount of bruising and swelling. This is bruising/ swelling that make up can't cover,even if you could stand to rub makeup on there! Even 2 weeks later when my son sw my face when I got back from MX,and we went out to dinner,he wanted to tell the other diners,"my mom has had face work,she has not been beaten! " 

It does subside,but it was several weeks for me,the swelling went first but the bruises lingered in all colors of black,purple,green yellow till they were finally gone.

Laura in Texas
on 12/7/14 5:23 am

So happy for you, Julia!! And jealous!! Keep us posted.

Face work is on my list of things to have done if I ever win the lottery, or find a sugar-daddy 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/7/14 6:15 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Prices vary a great deal - I checked out the US and it was around 7K with the surgeon I would have wanted. In Switzerland the range is 5-7 thousand swiss francs which is 20% more than the dollar. In France its 2-3 thousand euros! Which is basically half the price of the US and Switzerland. And Thailand is the best deal. Around 2 thousand dollars for the whole shabang. Plus ticket and hotel of course. Jordan is good too. About like Thailand. I am going to see the ex husband of one of my colleagues who happens to be a plastic surgeon in France, about 20 mins from where I live. I am looking forward to rainbow coloured eyes for a while! I will post pictures as always.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Ashley in Belgium
on 12/7/14 9:02 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Wow Julia - you go girl!  

If you are curious I just had a very long conversation with my Bypass surgeon's wife (Prof. Guy-Bernard Cadière, google him - he's incredible not just as a surgeon but as a human being) - and we were talking Plastics as I just had my TT and hernia repair but am not sure I'd use the same surgeon for work I want to have done and pay out of pocket.  Anyway - she gave me the low down on who her hubby recommends and who all the surgeon's themselves use...tadah!  And she said for face work the go to person here in Brussels is Dr. Chantal Bourdon http://www.docteurbourdon.be  No idea of prices, probably between France and Switzerland.  BTW - I've heard of some people going to Tunisia for plastics (sort of like the Mexico for the Southern Europeans I guess).  Just something to throw out there!  Hope you find the right match and are happy with the results!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/7/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Yes, I've heard about Tunisia (and Eastern European countries also btw). Not sure if for 2000 euros I am prepared to fly around. Thankfully I can manage that and being close to home is priceless. I must say that if I had to do my plastics all over again maybe I would have been better off to shop around but I was pretty happy being home, that's for sure. I could get addicted to this touch up here and there type surgery! 

emelar
on 12/8/14 3:56 am - TX

Julia, I'm excited for you, too!  I had the facelift, but didn't have the nerve/desire to do anything with my eyes.  Keep us posted!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/8/14 4:24 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I have serious overhang on the upper lids and these little icky fat deposits below so this really is too visible for me to ignore. And I am saving the facelift for later! 

Dejah H.
on 12/8/14 5:12 am - Central, TX

I have the bags under my eyes and have thought about possibly having this done in the future. I would love to follow and see how you do! :)

Good luck! How exciting!! I am having my arms done tomorrow!! 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Most Active