Ready for the Next Step - Plastics

AzureAurora
on 12/9/14 11:56 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

It has been a while since I have been on here. February 6, 2014 will be my 3 year VSG anniversary. Wow has time flown.

Looking for plastic surgery recommendations (Mexico) for big tummy tuck or likely a lower body lift. Seeing Dr. Sauceda's name a lot. Has anyone ever heard of or done a hysterectomy with a LBL?

Have a good day.

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

emelar
on 12/10/14 3:44 am - TX

I know people who have had a hysterectomy with a tummy tuck, but not with the full LBL.  I think the LBL is too big a surgery in itself to combine with another major surgery, but you'd have to confirm that with a doctor!  The biggest problem is just coordinating the general surgeon with the plastic surgeon to get them both done at the same time.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/10/14 5:59 pm
Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/10/14 6:06 pm

You might want to get your hysterectomy done at home - your health insurance will cover it if it's medically necessary.  Then get your LBL done with Dr Sauceda afterwards.  Are you a member of Dr Sauceda's group here on OH?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

butterfly3851
on 12/13/14 11:43 pm - TX

I just did a tummy tuck with a hysterectomy Dec. 5th - spent two nights in the hospital with insurance covering the nights cause of the hysterectomy.  Paid the plastic surgeon and the anthesiologist their portion of the tummy tuck (2 1/2) upfront.  

This has been a little bigger deal than I thought - not sure a LBL would be a good idea to combine with the hysterectomy.

DrL
on 12/20/14 6:58 am - Houston, TX

Here's my experience FWIW with probably a dozen tummy tucks  done along with hysterectomy at the same time.  If it's a trans-abdominal procedure, I have seen extra days of hospitalization, delayed onset of eating and getting up and about, more pain meds, and a generally harder time getting moving.  My worry was blood clots of course.

In patients with a smaller uterus (i.e. not large fibroids or other issues) who can have a trans-vaginal procedure, I have had almost no issues as above.  Hope this helps.

The disclaimer:

"Anything I stated here including: text, images, audio, or other formats are for informational purposes only. My comments are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here. Be sure and have a blessed holiday season, and remember how far you have come this year !"

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/15 4:34 am

I would be cautious about having your surgery done out of your country. There are extremely competent bariatric plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and operating in accredited hospitals. Also, if money is an issue, we and other members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons offer significant discounts if patients are willing to share their stories with our media inquiries. Dr.Domanskis

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors  Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active