Arm Lift 12/11 update!

rissa1224
on 12/13/14 11:01 pm, edited 12/13/14 11:02 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So I had my arm lift on Thursday 12/11. It went awesome! I DO NOT have drains like he said I would have, yippie!!!  I went for a check up the next day to see the nurse - because they didn't want me going through the weekend with out getting checked before my Tuesday appointment. The nurse took the compression sleeves off and BOOM NO DRAGON WINGS HANGING! I almost cried. It was amazing to not see fat hanging and jiggling around like Flubber. She wants me to keep an eye on my left arm because she said it looked more red and swollen but overall looks good. I haven't taken them off yet though- the garments hurt to put back on due to the tightness of them to keep swelling in. I slept on the couch Thurs and Friday night. Last night I slept in my own bed - its just difficult to move around because you cant use your arms at all for support or moving but I made out perfectly fine in bed last night.

They are sure swollen and tight and sometimes burning but its died down. I only take a half a perc because I don't like pain meds and it takes the edge off, but last night I went a whole 12 hours with out feeling the need for one. My dad made fun of me and said I look like how Ozzie Osborne walks around, and my brother said I look like the Penguin from the old school Batman LOL. I can not wait to see on Tuesday how they look when I see the nurse for a massage then see the surgeon. I will keep all updated!

Going potty isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Taking pants off and putting them on was pretty tough but you just move very slow and not stretch too much.

I still can not believe I cut my dragon wings off!

Laura in Texas
on 12/13/14 11:26 pm

So happy for you!! Take it easy while you heal. The firt 3 days were hard for me, but by day 10 I felt pretty good.

I walked around with my arms straight out like a zombie for a while.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

rissa1224
on 12/13/14 11:37 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I feel like a zombie!! It's silly. It's hard for me to just sit and do nothing but I know how important it is. So I am making friends with Netflix again.

emelar
on 12/13/14 11:42 pm - TX

Yea for no batwings!  And, yeah, I call it the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man look and feel.  Happy healing!

Most Active