Thigh lift + hysterectomy

Redhead77
on 12/16/14 10:08 am

Has anyone had or have heard of having a hysterectomy and thigh lift done at the same time? I see posts on tt + hysterectomy but not thigh + hysterectomy. Any info you can offer is greatly appreciated. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/16/14 2:28 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to combine them. People combine whatever surgeries they need that can be done at the same time. TT/hysterectomy seems quite common but no reason that it cannot be another combination.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

butterfly3851
on 12/17/14 4:12 am - TX

I'm one of the one's who had the tt/hysterectomy 10 days ago.  My gyn wasn't sure if he was going vaginally or labrascopically(robotics) for the hysterectomy.  He decided to go ahead and open me up since I was getting the tummy tuck (I have heart disease history) - said it would be quicker and easier on my heart to open me up and take uterus, ovaries, tubes and lift bladder.  

You would probably be in a hospital setting rather than a plastic surgery center. I got to stay in the hospital two nights with the hysterectomy.  It would have been 23 hours (outpatient) if he had done the vaginal or robotic hysterectomy but definitely an easier recovery.  

I did get an epidural to help with pain for the hysterectomy - pain wasn't too bad.  Only had pain pills for about 5-6 days - don't do well with pain pills.  This has probably been a little bigger deal than I thought but feeling better every day.  

I don't see why you couldn't get a thigh lift with the hysterectomy.  I paid for the plastic surgeon & anthesiologist time for PS in advance.  

Good luck to you!

Redhead77
on 12/17/14 10:13 am

Thank you for your input.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to have both done. 

Most Active