I'm "doing the butt" --- recovery??

Sherrie P.
on 12/22/14 10:56 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I have already had full abdominoplasty and mastopexy and brachioplasty.

On January 22nd I am getting the butt skin removed.  

Does anyone have any recovery advice? I was told the butt wasn't as bad as the belly.  Would you agree? How do you feel sitting down? How did you sleep?? 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Ihearttennis
on 12/22/14 11:20 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I had the lower body lift, tummy tuck with muscle  tightening,breastlift and augmentation and arms done. I am on day four of healing and with good pain meds its bearable.  I didn't have a true butt lift or augmentation but the 360 circumferential lift removed the excess skin and made it looka bit lifted, though not perfect.  I would say in order of what hurts the most is 

1  muscle tightening

2 incision under the arms

3 drain by the mons area

4 breasts

5 back (near butt)incision 

I sleep in a recliner.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Christi05
on 12/23/14 12:45 pm
VSG on 02/05/13

I also had a lower body lift, mine was a fleur de lis. The butt lift portion really didn't bother me with the binder tightly on. Yes, it was sore and had an overwhelming tightness feeling but  not as much pain as the front portion to me. I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow. At the beginning I had to sleep in a lift chair, the first week. After that I alternated sleeping in the chair or in the bed with tons of pillows. It really surprised me that it didn't really hurt to lay flat on the incision (with the binder on of course!) just the really tight feeling. In the chair I placed to pillows on both hips with a space in between for my tailbone. The most pain is sitting so long. The tailbone pain is killer. Lots of maneuvering lol. Doesn't help I do not have a butt. It's very flat now. :P Good luck with your surgery! I really don't like how backside turned out, but my surgeon didn't have much to work with haha. He said in order for me to get the shape I wanted he would have had to do a fleur de lis of my back. And I would never want that nor would he ever do it. :D He said in time I'd be happy and that I'm only 3 weeks out and I still have a lot of swelling. I believe it!

AZDee
on 12/30/14 9:04 am - Gilbert, AZ

You are smart to break up the surgeries should be a better healing.  I had a lower body lift with a brazilin Butt Lift, where the flank tissue (still attached was added to the butt for fullness.  It went well, but recovery was hard having the front and rear all done at once.  I would think this time you will be sleeping on your tummy allowing the bum to heal.  It's been 6 months for me and my scars are pretty much not even noticeable now...  How exciting for you!!!  Keep us posted! 

Most Active