Brachioplasty and Breast augmentation

JazzyOne9254
on 1/26/15 4:04 pm

Last year, I had excessive skin removed from my thighs and legs.  It was skin removal only out of medical necessity, and not a true lift.  I have no panni and I can live with my torso, very little excess or sagging.

However...I need a brachioplasty, as my upper arms have quite a bit of sagging, and breast augmentation (very little fat in breasts, just skin and glandular tissue all pointing south).

The thigh skin removal was for medical reasons.  Has anyone had insurance pay for brachioplasty and breast augmentation ? 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Sherrie P.
on 1/27/15 7:26 am
RNY on 02/06/13

No - but I did hear that vocational rehabilitation paid for someone's brachioplasty because she was able to prove that it was getting in the way of her finding a job.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

JazzyOne9254
on 1/27/15 9:51 am

I'm currently on disability, and my skin reduction was paid by the state and Medicare.

Today, I got a phone call about a job opening in my field (broadcast journalism) that I didn't even apply for.

One of the people there had seen my posts and read my blog, and asked me to apply.

The two things I'm worried about - my age (57 this month), and the length of time I've been out of work. 

It's been 15 years since I last practiced .  I've kept up with the changes in the industry, but we have a powerhouse college here - University of Notre Dame, and most of the broadcast job candidates come from there.  I have a BA from Indiana University.  It pales in comparison around here.

alexclinton
on 2/1/15 5:00 pm

Breast Augmentation is a good option for regaining self confidence since a well balanced figure can be achieved. Go for it and be a head turner at any party.

Brachioplasty and Breast Augmentation can be done simultaneously with fat and skin taken from the arms.

However this might not be covered under insurance as covers are meant generally for any complications and reconstruction of body parts and not for cosmetic purposes.

andrewt159
on 2/4/15 2:28 pm - beverly hills, CA

I have never heard of any brachioplasty and breast augmentation procedures that are covered by insurance. Insurance companies generally take care of any major complications and reconstruction of body parts and not changes for cosmetic purposes.

JazzyOne9254
on 2/8/15 1:30 am

Insurance paid for my thigh skin removal, and it was medically necessary.  I was thinking that maybe recurrent yeast infection of armpits might fall into that category.

gladys_brown
on 8/29/16 8:26 pm

Insurance usually will not cover breast enlargement surgery as well as brachioplasty.

Most Active