Went in for my first consult...

manditude
on 1/28/15 4:07 pm

Big first step... went in for a consult in Maryland, was told that they would prefer a fleur de lis tummy tuck plus a breast lift combo for about 15k total. Then separately, a brachioplasty and "7-shape" thigh lift for another 15k. He said he didn't think doing all of it at once would be a good idea, and that it would be good to do the arms after breasts settled for maximum contouring.

The surgeon seemed quite good in terms of reviews, and I know one of his patients. She adores him. He also likes his patients to go home on surgery day and not linger in the hospital, which I like. I'm going to probably look at other surgeons soon, too. 

But he said basically that my thighs would never look very good because thighs are the hardest to deal with in terms of plastics, and my thighs are pretty rough. :(

Is it common to go home day of surgery for those two procedures?

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

emelar
on 1/29/15 12:46 am - TX

My PS only insisted on overnight stays for the lower body lift (tummy tuck/mons lift/outer thigh lift/butt lift combo) and the facelift.  I opted to stay overnight for the other procedures I had done because, honestly, I felt safer being under their supervision for the first 24 hours.  He did surgery in a surgical center with the recovery rooms attached, so he was within reach if anything went wrong.

I had the brachioplasty done with the breast lift.  One long incision that extends under my breasts, through the underarm, and down the upper arm.  He refused to do the breast lift with the abdominal work.  Said that it created opposing tensions (boobs pulling up, tummy tuck pulling down).  But I've seen that other surgeons do the combo routinely.

Crazeru
on 1/29/15 5:59 am

I went to Monterrey Mexico and had almost everything done at once.  I was there for 14 days, most stays are 12 days.  I was in a 24/7 clinic for a week.  Body done on Thursday, and face on Monday, back in the hotel on Wed, home a week later.  Dr Sauceda stopped by daily most of the time, and his RN came by daily while in the hotel, to help with showering and getting back into the compression garments.  I had  lower body lift, breast lift, arms and sm inside thigh lift. 

You can email pics of your front, side, back, side to [email protected] for a quote.  We have a group here on OH, click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you over there.  A wealth of experiences and information has been gathered since 2009!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active