New to this forum, been on OH for 9 years

momofsix
on 2/23/15 9:03 am - Pinckney, MI

So I had my PS consult today. Sounds good, but I have to wait to see if insurance will cover or not.

Does anyone have experience with University of Michigan?

The dr. seems to have a great bed side manner and all seems to be in check after meeting with them. I have been wanting this done for a long time, but my insurance wouldn't cover it. My husbands work changed from United Health Care to BC/BS of MI in January, so I am hoping and praying for the approval of my abdominoplasty... otherwise it will have to be a peniculectomy (sp?)... Please keep your fingers crossed for me...

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Ihearttennis
on 2/25/15 11:01 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I have BCBSTX and I was approved for "excision of skin only" and they had to use a specific code or it wouldn't be covered.  After I received my letter saying it was approved I had surgery.  A few weeks later I received a letter saying it wasn't in fact covered after all and that they weren't paying the $4,000 to cover the excision of skin. I have been fighting with them and now think it is all straightened out.  

I ended up having a lbl/ba/brachioplasty and paying out of pocket for those procedures.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

momofsix
on 2/26/15 12:04 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks for the feedback. I will be careful about being too confident if they say they will be cover it. I will make sure. Thanks again.

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active