Lower body lift with Dr Agha

PinkLyfe
on 2/26/15 5:11 am, edited 2/26/15 12:32 pm

i have booked my lbl, spiral thigh lift, abdominalplasty , butt lift and lipo with Dr Agha. I'm traveling to so. Cal and will have to be in the area for 4 weeks for recovery. I'm looking to find others to share their experiences with me. Where you happy with your outcome? Was dr Aghas attentive to your emotional needs as well as physical? The staff? How was your pain post op? Is it controlled well? (Nervous about the pain) when did you start to feel you could get around with minimal help?  

Wha about revisions? Did you need them? How were they handled financially? I have yet to touch on that subject with him but I will. My surgery is 4 months away 

id love to hear from former or current patients. The good, bad and the ugly  thank you 

nopainnogain
on 2/27/15 8:29 am

I have seen many reviews for Dr. Agha on Realself..He has many wonderful reviews with amazing photos,,,he also has a few negative reviews as well. From what I can see, he does wonderful work.

PinkLyfe
on 2/27/15 4:29 pm

Thank you for your reply nopainnogain.  

PinkLyfe
on 3/3/15 1:56 am

There must be some members who've used dr agha.  Please do share.  Thank you 

Angelina H.
on 3/4/15 11:58 am

I'm scheduled for phase 1, go live is April 8.  I'll let you know more as I go along if you like.  I'm on my tablet so will pay more tomorrow.  Very exciting

PinkLyfe
on 3/4/15 1:09 pm

Hi, I'm so excited  to meet you.  I would love to know more as you go along this journey. What are you having done?  What is your phase 2?  

Angelina H.
on 3/5/15 2:10 am

So I am having what Dr Agha's website calls the High Def Body Lift.  He calls these Phases or Stages.  First one is the LBL, Spiral thigh lift, Monsplasty, Buttock lift, lypo from the waist down.

The second stage or phase if the waist up.  Arms, upper back, chest.

So far what I have learned from those who have gone before us is the following.

Electric Lift Recliner is a must.  There is a place that will deliver and pick up for $50.00 charge and the monthly cost of the chair is $100.00 = so $150 total. They sanitize the furniture with Steri Fab that kills bed bugs, dust mites, lice etc... and they can really clean the chair good prior to delivery.  They only take the reservations 2 weeks before delivery. 

As you get closer to your date then the staff will send you your "what you need to know sheet" - but I created my own based on what others feedback was:

Thermometer, Colace 100MG, Saline Nasal Spray, Bendable Straws, Surgical Gloves, Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap & Hand Sanitizer, Rubbing Alcohol & Q-Tips for cleaning the drains, (2**** Packs, Vitamin E Oil, button up dresses/dusters (these you will most likely find at thrift stores if you dont want to spend 20.00 each on them and the ones I have found are in great shape), surgical pads for covering the mattress and staying clean during leakage (i got McKesson StayDry Ultra Underpads) Large garbage sacks (for when you want to lay in the bed, put these under your surgical pads and it helps you slide off the bed easier.

Dr Agha has recommended home health workers and they can help you purchase all the extra bandage materials, and obtain a walker or toilet seat lift and she has been super sweet.  I was able to book her and her name is Kim.

I will have my mother with me for the first 3 weeks and when she flies home, my cousin will fly in for the last week.  Since they will rent a vehicle we wont need to pay the home health worker to "rent" one to drive me back to the Extended Stay, but you do pay her for her travel miles and time and supplies.

Walmart and Costco are within 10 miles from Extended Stay and John Wayne Airport so the day before you can stock up on your supplies.  The airport is 5 miles from Dr Agha's.

The appointment for your markings is the day before your surgery so make sure you fly in 1 day earlier (I did not know that so needed to update our flights).

Make sure when you book your flight home you make arrangements for a wheel chair on both ends.

So far that is the pearls of wisdom I have gotten from others during this process.

Hope this is helpful to you.

PinkLyfe
on 3/10/15 6:42 am

Thank you for the info. I've booked my 4 week recovery with extended stay America as well. I'D like to follow your journey. Thank you.  I hope we can keep in touch 

Angelina H.
on 8/14/15 9:24 pm

Just checking on you.  How's it going?

PinkLyfe
on 10/18/15 4:29 pm

Hi Angelina ! Thank you for asking about me.i posted a reply on the 2nd page of this thread. How Re you doing?

Most Active