Michigan TT and/or U of M experience

momofsix
on 3/3/15 10:33 pm - Pinckney, MI

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with U of M? I live about 25 minutes north of Ann Arbor and had my consult a little over a week ago with a PS there. He seems nice and like he will do a good job, but I would like feedback if anyone has gone there already. I know a while back I had checked with Dr. DiNick, but the insurance I had then didn't cover it and I think my new insurance might this go around. I just wanted to keep things with U of M, since all my other doctors are there.

Not sure if this is the right choice or if I should go back and see Dr. DiNick. Please send me feedback.... Thanks so much!!!

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Jessica O.
on 3/9/15 2:24 am - Ann Arbor, MI

I had a lower body lift with Dr. Gilman.  While his bedside manner was very friendly, warm, and caring, I felt like he continued to disregard my thoughts and concerns with my results.  His favorite sayings to me were "you're a work in progress" and "it's a lot better than it was".  On the morning of surgery, he told me he had changed his mind and wasn't going to give me a vertical scar for my upper excess stomach skin (BIG MISTAKE!)  I also believe that while Dr. Gilman looked over the student surgeon, my surgery was primarily performed by a student which I am VERY UNHAPPY with the results and will need MULTIPLE revisions (including my mons pubis which I felt was not touched at all and is still very large, low, and hanging.  I also heard via rumor that you can refuse a student to perform the surgery.  I will be looking into that if I DO go back to U of M for my thighs, arms, and breasts.  

Check out my profile for my Post-lower body lift pics.  You can see the saggy skin post-op :(  

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

momofsix
on 3/9/15 1:26 pm - Pinckney, MI

Hmmmmmmm!!!!  That was the Dr. I saw... and he only wanted to do the panni.... but he said he would submit for the abdominoplasty but just the bikini cut.... Now I am starting to rethink.... I just may call Dr. DiNick tomorrow and get a consult set up with him again...

Thanks for the input...

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Jessica O.
on 3/9/15 2:43 am - Ann Arbor, MI

I also had insurance issues which are still not sorted out.  I have Blue Care Network but received a "This Is Not A Bill" for $25,000.  Apparently, they billed my insurance with the wrong lower body-lift code.  I'm just waiting for a bill from U of M hospital...haven't received anything yet.  The whole cost was over $40,000 which I think is freaking absurd.  

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

Most Active