Price Difference Question...

mitcla6
on 3/30/15 9:40 pm - Charleston, SC

Does anyone know if there a price difference between having a procedure at hospital versus a private facility?  Which location would have higher fees associated with location... anesthesian (excuse the spelling if wrong).

jeterway
on 3/30/15 11:07 pm

For me, I am in Philadelphia, the surgical center was cheaper.  The facility fee was about 25% less than the hospital charge.  The surgeons fee and the anesthesia fee are the same.  My surgical center was right across the street from the hospital.  So not a far trip if some sort of emergency happened and they needed to move me to the hospital. 

emelar
on 3/31/15 1:42 am - TX

The surgical center is cheaper.  It's also more convenient, more private, less hectic than a hospital OR.  The center fee was cheaper and, because the practice has a deal with the anesthesiologists, that was pretty economic as well - a flat fee of either $700 or $800 - and yes, it was physician anesthesiologists.  Make sure the surgical center is accredited, that they have basic emergency equipment there (which they should if they're accredited), and that they have a relationship with a hospital that's close.

Most Active