BL + implant sizing... how did you decide?

manditude
on 4/3/15 1:16 pm

Hey folks,

I decided to "upgrade" my BL to a BL + silicone implants (April 10th!) and now I'm trying to decide on the size. I said 250cc because I'm already a D but with the BL I may drop back to a C or maybe B. I'd like to stay at around a D-DD, which is what I told my surgeon. But I'm not sure because I've been big all of my adult life and I don't have a mental image of what my boobs "should" look like (or "could" look like on my own body!)

How did you figure out what size that would be? I tried on the implants at the doctor's office, but the shape was for people without much sag, and so it was really hard to figure out if it was right. I was thinking of just giving him a bra that I would like to fill, or a picture of breasts that are a size that I might like, or photoshopping a picture of my current boobs. I'm not sure. Ugh!

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/4/15 10:32 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Depends so much on what you like and find attractive. I wanted to stay the same size as I have always been, sag or not. I have really nice bras and didn't want to have to change plus this size was always me so that was my criteria. I ended up with 175 cc implants and I am the same size as I was before just much perkier. Great!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

manditude
on 4/5/15 10:04 pm

Did the surgeon figure out the 175cc amount, or did you go in there requesting that specific size? I basically told him that I wanted the bra size that I currently am, but a nicer shape.

-Mandi
DSFacts

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/6/15 3:46 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yeah, he figured it out himself. I never even saw a sample implant before surgery. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

manditude
on 4/6/15 10:59 am

Cool, yeah I spoke with my surgeon today and he said he would try a sizer first during surgery to figure out the size according to my cup goals and then they'd figure out all the rest. Hooray!

-Mandi
DSFacts

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/6/15 4:36 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Yes, that is what my surgeon did too. I am sure it will work out wonderfully!

NadiaM
on 4/4/15 11:31 pm, edited 4/4/15 11:32 pm

I just had a BA less than 2 weeks ago and post weight loss I was pretty much an a-cup. I was never heavy chested (I think at my highest weight I was MAX a d-cup)

I told the surgeon that I wanted something natural and big enough to not regret it but nothing too big to make me look top heavy cause I have a smaller upper body. 

Anyways, all that to say I ended up with 450cc but I started off with NOTHING. 

The thing with implants is you have to make sure that diameter wise they also fit in your breast cavity. Sometimes going up a few ccs can give you a nicer result since the implant will blend in better with your natural boob and chest size.

i would bring pics and just discuss it with your surgeon! Best of luck :-)

manditude
on 4/5/15 10:07 pm

Thanks! I spoke with him about it, and he had me try on some inserts in a bra to get a sense of size, but the inserts didn't look or feel natural enough for me to have a strong opinion on them, I guess. I told him basically that I wanted a D cup or about the size that I am now when I stuff all my skin into a bra. So we'll see what it ends up being, I suppose! 

-Mandi
DSFacts

Ihearttennis
on 4/6/15 2:47 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Over the years I ranged from a 44dd to a 40d, depending on my weight.  I recently had Sientra Gummy Bear implants put in that were 375cc.  I gave him pictures that were too big, too small and just right and he figured it out from there.  I ended up being a 34d and I am just getting used to them  They look great and are actually softening up and starting to feel more like real boobs.  Its still hard to sleep on my side or stomach but I am only about 3and a half months out.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

manditude
on 4/6/15 3:16 pm

Oh wow, 3 months sleeping on my back... I could barely do 4 weeks with my DS. This is going to be rough.

Giving pictures of "too big" and "too small" is a good idea. Thank you! 

-Mandi
DSFacts

Most Active