Medial Thighplasty - 7 months out and new swelling

Butterfly56
on 4/16/15 10:11 am - MA

Hi Everyone.  I am 7 months post medial thigh lift.  Recovery took longer than expected, but I thought I was in the clear.  But for the past week or so, both upper thighs above the incision sites are swelling, so much so that even my husband noticed.  My legs rub together and they hadn't been, and the site is not red but has become painful as well as puffy.  The scale has gone up, also, which all leads me to believe that I'm retaining water in some way.  I'm not puffy any place else, but my pants are beginning to not fit which is making me nuts.  I plan on calling my plastic surgeon tomorrow, but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced swelling after so long a time?  I've also had a full belt lipectomy, breast lift and arm lift a few years ago, and had no issues.  

Thanks for your help!

Butterfly - RNY 10/17/2011, beginning weight 320 lbs., goal weight 175 lbs., lowest after surgery, 135 lbs.  current weight  148 lbs.

emelar
on 4/17/15 1:01 am - TX

Possibly cellulitis?  It's a deep tissue infection and can occur after surgery, particularly with the legs.  Definitely have your doc check you out.

Butterfly56
on 4/17/15 2:32 am - MA

Thank you for responding.  I have no redness, just swelling.  My surgeon is on vacation, but I've been advised to email him with details and will probably see him next week.  The swelling subsided a little during the night, probably because I was off my feet, and I'm wearing the compression garment today, which feels better.  I never thought I'd ever have to wear it again, and I hope whatever is going on is an easy fix.

Take care!

Buttefly

Supergirl7877
on 4/21/15 10:46 am

Seromas maybe?  I dealt with them (very early) but had a friend who had one months later after a tummy tuck. Mine were in my thighs about where you describe. 

Most Active