Lack of appetite after panni and abdominoplasty

songer48
on 4/23/15 2:44 am

It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm thrilled with the results.  I'm still sore, but it's mostly the kind of sore you get when you start working out after a lengthy hiatus.  I do have one problem.  I have absolutely no appetite.  In fact, I've lost an additional 10 pounds since the surgery (in addition to the 12 pounds of skin and fat they removed).  I've tried eating calorie dense foods, something that feels so weird after 6 years of very careful eating.  I've tried smoothies and milk shakes, various types of bars.

Has anyone else experienced that?  How long did a lack of the munchies last??

Egads, 6 years ago I was battling an over-sized appetite.  Thanks to the sleeve, I addressed that problem.  I never thought I'd ever have THIS problem.

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KristieA
on 4/24/15 5:24 am - Orillia, Canada

I felt the same for about 6 weeks.  I had 5 pounds of skin removed and lost an additional 7 pounds.  Now at 4 months post op my appetite is back.  Dang carb cravings too.   I have put almost a couple pounds back on but trying hard to maintain.  

Working out is tiring even now.  Still looking for that balance.

Hope things improve for you.  Eat by the clock if you need to.  As we all know protein is the best way to speed up healing.

Kristie 

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Most Active