Chin/Neck Lipo?

Y D.
on 4/30/15 3:25 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hi all,

I just had my rhinoplasty and buccal fat removal, and so far I am very happy with my healing and my results.

I'm about half way to my goal weight, but I am considering chin/neck lipo. Like my cheeks, even at my goal weight my jawline and underchin have never been defined.

After having my cheeks/nose reduced I'm starting to long for a defined jaw/chin to compliment it.

Should I wait till goal, just to see if perhaps a miracle happens and the area changes favorably after the rest of my weight loss, or just do it now to enjoy it sooner?

Thanks!

Y

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/30/15 8:24 pm

Absolutely wait for goal and then 6 months at a stable weight.  I had my face done after losing 271 lbs because my excess skin would occlude my breathing if I laid on my side to sleep.  I have since lost more weight and my chin and neck are sagging.  I feel sad that I have to have a revision, but it is what it is and I knew I was getting the first work done to aide in my sleep apnea.  Wait and be at your goal.  It's costly both financially and physically to have to have revisions.  You've worked too hard to do it too early and end up with a subpar result.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Y D.
on 5/4/15 4:40 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thank you, good advice! Its just so hard waiting, as I'm sure you know :) But its better than doing it twice.

Laura in Texas
on 5/3/15 2:01 am

The FDA just approved a drug to eliminate double chins. It will not do anything for the excess skin left behind, but maybe worth looking into. I agree with Dee and would wait until you are at goal to have a neck lift.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Y D.
on 5/4/15 4:42 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I checked that out just now- wow what a fascinating new drug. In the end the cost will probably be the same as the lipo- but for those who don't want surgery its a great option. Very cool advancement.

alexclinton
on 5/22/15 4:20 am

That's great news. Now people can eliminate their double chin with an injectable liquid. Some people fear to go under the knife, so, this process can work great for them. I have never heard about this treatment. Thanks for sharing this informative link which was not in my knowledge; In fact, I’ve always been keen in searching some new content regarding any surgery.

Jennifer K.
on 5/4/15 1:16 am - Phoenix , AZ

I had YAG laser treatment done on my neck area... from the jawline all the way down. It stimulates collagen and helps tighten the skin. Takes a while to see the results but I am happy with the improvement I got... I am going to do another treatment and then I should be good. Only downside with lasers is sometimes you need a series. My under chin area wasn't bad enough for lipo.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Y D.
on 5/4/15 4:44 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thanks Jennifer- hopefully i'll be like you at goal and not have enough fat there for lipo! :) That would be awesome. I've had poor definition there even since the third grade, hoping with this (hopefully last) large amount of weight loss will take any babyfat along with the adult fat haha.

David147
on 5/21/15 12:43 am

They should tell you that there will be swelling after something like this. In fact, it will probably be months before the swelling completely goes down.

Most Active