Face Lift : Noticeable scarring?

kramersinkotz
on 4/25/15 4:08 am

I'm thinking to add a face/necklift to my LBL (etc) with Dr. Sauceda in July. I am 44 and my neck sags significantly after my 100lb loss. My main concern is noticeable scarring around the ears. Anyone have experience and/or advice about this? 

jeterway
on 4/25/15 10:34 am

I had a facelift about a year ago.  The scars in the front of my ear are barely noticeable - just thin lines - and I usually scar badly.  The scars behind my ears are rougher but they are hidden by my ear and are very close to both my ear and my hairline.  I frequently wear my hair up and no one has commented on my scars.  I really have no problem discussing the plastics work that I have had with friends, so I don't believe they are not bringing it up because they feel that they would embarrass me. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/26/15 4:36 am

He did my face work and I love it. I had lost 271 lbs at that time so my face alone took 8 hours.  He does faces on separate days. My under chin scar isn't noticeable and behind the ears is covered by my hair. In front of ears and eyelids are invisible. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

kramersinkotz
on 5/7/15 9:30 pm

Do you recommend doing body and face separately? That's a huge question is if it's worth getting it all done at once. I'm planning a lower body lift w/ butt aug, breast lift w/aug, arms, and thighs. Plus, the face, neck, and eyelids a couple days later. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/26/15 4:37 am

He will be the one to decide if he feels you would benefit from face work. Send him your pictures - front and side close ups. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Crazeru
on 4/28/15 8:08 am

My scar from my neck lift is there, but only when I lift my head enough for someone to see it.  The other scars are behind my ears near the top and bottom and in my hairline.  They are are little rougher, but only when I point them out to people.  I also had both upper and lower lids, and my lower lids look like I've added a little eyeliner.    I love my new face, I was almost 59 when I had it done.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

kramersinkotz
on 5/7/15 9:30 pm

Do you recommend doing body and face separately? That's a huge question is if it's worth getting it all done at once. I'm planning a lower body lift w/ butt aug, breast lift w/aug, arms, and thighs. Plus, the face, neck, and eyelids a couple days later. 

Crazeru
on 5/7/15 10:59 pm

Dr Sauceda did my face 4 days after my body work. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

emelar
on 4/29/15 12:56 am - TX

I didn't have my facelift with Dr. Sauceda, but the scars are truly unnoticeable.  In front of the ears, I can't even see them anymore.  Behind the ears is visible is I go looking, but not much.  The scar on the chin took a little longer to disappear, but it has.  My doc said the face is the best healer, followed by the breasts, then the lower body, with the arms and legs being most apparent. 

alexclinton
on 4/30/15 8:26 pm, edited 4/30/15 8:27 pm

According to me, Thick Thyroid Scars Surgery is the treatment for you to remove your scar. But it would be better if you ask your doctor for the treatment, because scars are of many types. After analyzing your scar type, only your doctor will be able to suggest you the best treatment.

Most Active