Florida medicaidand plastic surgery

5ofromans
on 4/28/15 6:01 am - clearwater, FL

Hey yall! I will make this fast lol Well on 12/3/2014 I had WLS and lost a little over 110 pounds. I have a lot of excess skin. I heard that Medicaid pays for a panne and other surgeries if its medically necessary. I found one who does the abdominal plasty in Ocala and he takes Medicaid (Staywell) with approval. Anyone else knows of a surgeon who does inner thighs, breast lift and arms ??? Pleas help!!! TIA

FLAbest
on 5/10/15 11:50 am

I do not know of any but good luck

Kiwideb
on 5/13/15 8:49 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

110 pds in 6mths? Wow!

Medicaid covers plastics? I so have the wrong insurances!

David147
on 7/4/15 12:35 am

99% of all plastic surgery is not covered by any medical plan. Unless there is some form of serious health risk, it wouldn't be covered. I couldn't see anyone covering a breast reduction as it's not life threatening and would be considered purely cosmetic.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/15 1:00 am, edited 7/5/15 1:01 am - OH

Actually, many insurance plans cover breast reduction, but they require that the patient needs to have a very large amount removed (often 500cc), and that the large, pendulous breasts are causing significant skin or musculoskeletal issues.  

You should note, however, that the OP asked about breast lift, not reduction. Two completely different surgeries...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active