Vertical thigh lift and arm lift scheduled for June! How's the recovery?

manditude
on 4/30/15 8:49 am

I am sitting here on my cozy recliner about to hit 21 days post-op LBL with muscle tightening and BL with augmentation. Phase 2: thigh lift and arm lift is now scheduled for June 24. What should I know going into thigh and arm lift recovery? I tried to find recovery videos for thigh lift on youtube but there are so so few! And most are medial.

If you had a thigh or arm lift... what do you know now that you wish you knew before surgery?

How long did it take for you to be able to comfortably walk? Sit to use the bathroom? Wear pants? 

Did you have drains? How long did those stay in? Did you wear compression garments or just ace bandages? 

When did you go back to work?

Did you have any complications? Did it fulfill your expectations?

Thanks, folks!

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

AZDee
on 5/4/15 10:42 am - Gilbert, AZ

I have had the arm surgery and I would say what helped me the most was wearing my arm support garment.  It helped make my arms feel stronger.  I still am waiting on my long thigh lift, it is planned for the end of summer as soon as I can find some money!  I have had a inner thigh lift which as it turns out was not enough to correct my thighs and that took a goo 4 weeks to heal, since it's in a delicate area and healing is slower.  Who is doing your long thigh lift?  Mine will be done with Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio, Texas.  And yes I love my "skinny girl arms" but I still need a little revision of a little pulled area at the end of both arms.  They call it dog ears and I guess it can be common. 

DoryAnne2
on 5/6/15 11:54 am
RNY on 04/01/13

I had an arm lift (along with liposuction on my arms) about 5-1/2 weeks ago.  I didn't know that the swelling would take so long to go down.  I wore the compression garment for a week, but then it became really uncomfortable so I stopped.  My arms are definitely smaller, but there's still lose crepey skin at the top.  I won't know if all that will tighten up for another couple of months, once all the swelling goes away.  It was more painful than I expected, but the meds make it okay.  I took a week off, which I needed.  You need to put scar cream on for a good 3 months to help the scar heal correctly.  Good luck!! 

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

rissa1224
on 5/7/15 8:10 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

YAY for plastics! Boo for it being so damn expensive!!

I had an arm lift early - mid December and I LOVE IT. I was out of work for a week. I wore the arm garments for the first 3ish weeks - stopped more towards early Jan. they made my arms feel more comfortable. It was hard to pull the pants down to pee the first few days but you go slow. I slept on my couches for the first 4ish days. It was just more comfortable. Getting in and out of my bed (queen size) was a little difficult to push up with arms, so you use your core mostly. I was told I was going to have drains in each arm but he wound up not putting them in thankfully! I will post pictures soon, I know people have been asking. I love my arms and now I can focus on toning them!

FLAbest
on 5/10/15 11:46 am

great to hear all the different stories to really gauge recovery time

Most Active