Scar revision - 1 week out

Jennifer K.
on 5/4/15 1:24 am - Phoenix , AZ

I am 1 week out tomorrow from scar revision surgery on both my arms from the brachioplasty I had back in July. I was awake during the two hour procedure (which is soooooo strange being in the OR and awake) and my arms are VERY sore... I think I hurt worse this time than the original procedure! I am bruised like crazy. The entire scar was removed from both arms and then I was sewed up again, the incisions were then covered with dermabond.

Excited for the results and pray the incision heals up perfectly this time. Not excited about keeping my arms out of the sun for *another* year but its worth the result.

Both my arms healed poorly... the left arm much worse than the right. my scars were raised, red, and thick. On my right arm some areas healed to a nice thin white line and the rest was not as thick/raised/red. Prior to the revision surgery the Dr tried steroid therapy along with massage but there was not much of a result. The scar on my left arm hurt in spots. I used the silicone sheets as well as the silicone gel. Its a risk you run with this surgery. They pull the skin so tight it can put too much tension on the scar causing it to keloid. I've had lots of other surgery and always heal perfectly so no history of keloids. Even though the scar healed poorly my arms look amazing, thankfully because of the location of the scar it was not noticeable - not once did I have anybody ask me about them.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

AZDee
on 5/4/15 1:15 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I am so happy for you, I need a revision to fix the ends of both of my arms as I have a pulled area at the bottom of each arm.  I guess they are called dog ears.  When I had my Lower Body Lift last year my new surgeon said he would fix them for me and even did the mark up, but surgery ran long and he did not have time, so now not sure if I will ever get them fixed....ugh  The rest of the scar is perfect it's a very thing white line until you get to the bottom couple of inches where it looks like a pulled thread.

Sherrie P.
on 5/6/15 6:39 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I probably should look into a revision as well. My scars sound just like yours. I had my surgery in August and they look just as you describe.  Do you mind sharing how much the revision cost? I am in NC also.

Thanks!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Jennifer K.
on 5/7/15 4:58 am - Phoenix , AZ

My surgeon said the normal charge is $1500. Since I had my original surgery with her, she discounted her fee in half making it $1000 for everything.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Sherrie P.
on 5/9/15 7:33 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Awesome thanks!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

leepansi
on 5/7/15 5:06 pm, edited 6/8/15 7:46 pm - texas, NY

Hi,
I am from Korea. i went through all of your discussion. So think of sharing my matter with you. Is there anybody, who can tell me about what is cosmetic surgery? I know very little.so i want to know more.

Actually, My current weight is 78 Kg and height is 5 fit 3 inches. and i am 27 years old. So now you can guess how much obesity is within me. I am doing exercise to bring slimmer and perfect body shape since last two years with dietary practices. But it’s not working effectively what is happening either my face looking like I am starving or I have lacking of nutrition but there is no effect on my body. Even because of dietary practice I had some girlish internal problems. So finally I have decided to have body contouring surgery also for body lifting. I hope it will work. 

Should I go for this surgery ?

Please help me take decision; let us know your suggestion and opinion regarding this?

Most Active