Panni not low enough

pigletom
on 5/18/15 6:17 am

Hi I have MESSA BCBS in MI. The first consult I had said that I looked more pregnant than anything (155#).  I've lost 120 pounds and have severe back aches.  I have another consultation and they said that 6 months of pt/chiropratic may help get covered.  I had open RNY so I swear my panni goes side to side rather than up and down.  If they'd let me take the picture bent over it'd be quite obvious.  Any suggestions?

emelar
on 5/18/15 10:07 am - TX

I assume you're trying to get insurance to cover the panni?  Most companies grade the panni based on how low it overhangs your nether regions.  And it sounds like it simply isn't hanging down low enough to meet whatever criteria insurance has established.  So you have to establish a medical reason for it's removal - rashes, back aches, etc. - and you have to document the problem and that other methods of treating the problem won't work.  That's what the pt/chiropractic is about.  Go through the treatments they're recommending so you can demonstrate that you need the panni for medical reasons.

pigletom
on 5/18/15 10:43 am

So...the seriously personal question.  Did your panni hang down low enough?  You look to be about my size.  I wonder if I were able to lose another 15 without working out if that would help.  The situps certainly aren't helping my case any!  Thank you for your feedback!

emelar
on 5/18/15 10:52 am - TX

It wouldn't have for insurance purposes.  It wasn't low enough and I didn't have any other issues.  I self-paid for my plastic surgery. 

I was working out regularly with a personal trainer.  Unfortunately, no amount of exercise is going to get rid of the skin.  Or re-attach the abdominal muscles.  But shapewear is a wonderful thing, and, with my clothes on, you really couldn't tell there was a lot of skin underneath.

pigletom
on 5/25/15 10:52 am

I"msorry to keep asking the same question essentially...but I have all the pre reqs for a panni 120#lost, rashes (creams from doc to prove) p/t andchiro for back aches...I've just worked out so much that my panni is held in a weird way and doesn't necessarily hang low...is there any way to make it hang lowere?  If i lost more weight and stopped working out? it seems counterproductive to stop workingout, but if that will make it hang lower.  I'm not looking for an insurance scam, I"m just asking what I an do to get that last piece of the puzzle.  if it weren't for the pics necessary I wouldn't be worried because I have the panni...just not low.

emelar
on 5/25/15 11:15 am - TX

I'm no expert, but I don't think there's any way to make your panni hang lower.  Some people just carry most of their weight in their stomach, and when they lose weight, the stomach hangs way down.  I lost 160#, and my panni wasn't long enough for insurance.

However, you have documented medical conditions connected with the pannus.  Even if it's not long enough, you should try to get it approved strictly for medical reasons.  All you can do is ask.  The worst insurance can do is refuse!

Most Active