3rd tummy tuck

coconutatthebeach
on 5/26/15 2:04 pm

will medicare pay for a 3rd removal of skin from stomach .... i have developed severe arthritis ... particularly in my lower back and may need surgery there in the near future .... have regained weight in my stomach area and the weight is pulling on my lower back ...

Would medicare/medicaid pay for abdominoplasty or panniculus a 3rd time ... there is medical need for it ....

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/26/15 6:20 pm

Contact them and find out. No one here can tell you definitively. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 10:38 pm - MN, MN
On May 26, 2015 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, Iam_with_the_Band wrote:

Contact them and find out. No one here can tell you definitively. 

She is right actually...this can be told by medicare itself that they will pay for the 3rd time or not.

davidsmiller
on 5/31/15 11:09 pm

Usually, a tummy tuck surgery can cost $3000-$12000, The medicare had paid for my 2nd tummy tuck did in Lakeview surgery center, a cosmetic surgery center in Barrie (http://www.lakeviewsurgery.com/). My surgery  costs $9,250  whi*****ludes all the pre-operative care and our three-year aftercare program. That was a modified tummy tuck which had removed all the excessive fat and skin from below belly button without changing the exact position of my belly button. I don’t know whether medicare should pay for third time. It’s better to contact them and find out.  All the best.

Most Active