Arm Lift advice

erinbrauh
on 7/9/15 10:18 am

I'm reaching out to those who have had arm lift/arm surgery for this post.  Preferably if you're based in CA (so I can get a rough idea of price in my area)  but I will take any and all information in my research.

First let me say, I'm 28 and today is my 4 month surgiversary from RNY. I'm 66lbs down with 54 to go and I'm working hard at enjoying the changes as well as the challenges.

That being said, I'm TERRIFIED for what my arms are looking like. I've always had meaty arms even at my smallest but now...eeewwww.

So here are my questions.

1: What did you end up paying for your arm lift (if you don't mind sharing)

2: How long ago was it?

3: Did you love your result?

4: How long did you have to wait before you got it?

My research so far is saying you have to be at a stable weight for a year but GOD I don't want wait that long with these horrible flappy arms...I'm getting excited to buy clothes again but I live in CA for crying out loud I don't want to be in sleeves all the time!

5: Did you try working out at all before you decided on surgery? Was there any improvement with working out?

Okay guys thank you so much for any and all feedback you can give me. I'm trying to get my mind prepared for a second surgery in my future, especially since I'm not seeing any hope of getting insurance to pay for it.

Laura in Texas
on 7/10/15 5:19 am

Not sure where in CA you are, but Dr. Katzen has a wonderful reputation. He is in Beverly Hills.

I paid $3900 in 2009 to have my arms done. I think the going rate around here now is $10,000-15,000. I had them done as soon as I got to goal. I had lost 200 pounds and my arms were horrible. Mentally, I could not handle the batwings. I figured if I lost or gained a few my arms would not be affected much. I did wait several years to be sure I was maintaining my weight to get my torso done.

I did work out like a maniac before surgery. It gave me wonderful arm muscles, but of course it did nothing for the skin. I was glad I was in shape. It gave me a better appearance post-plastics.

I love love love my arms now and get lots of compliments on them. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I will try to add a before and after shot...

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Iam_with_the_Band
on 7/16/15 10:10 pm

Your arms are absolutely lovely!  Beautiful!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/28/15 6:43 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Wowwww Laura I've seen pics of your arms but not only are your arms beautiful--your stomach is fabulous too!!

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

k__
on 8/16/15 8:00 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

Very, very nice! What kind of arm lift did you have? Can you post a photo showing the scar area - that would be helpful for me down the road.  Thank you!

jeterway
on 7/10/15 6:04 am

I had my arm lift about 2 years ago.  I was four years post op of my rny.  I had other areas that I focused on first from a plastic surgery perspective so my saggy arms weren't my worst feature.  I paid 4500 for my arm lift but I live in Philadelphia.  I am so happy that I did my arms.  The first couple of days were rough with the compression garment - had it done in august - not a smart move on my part but after that I was good to go. 

Jennifer K.
on 7/14/15 8:21 am - Phoenix , AZ

I had my arm lift along with a BA/BL so I am not sure of the cost of just the lift. I had the lift done back last July... I am 9 years out last month from surgery. I waited because of money... took me a while to get to goal, then my surgeon wanted 6 months at a stable weight.. my worst area was my stomach so I had an extended TT with lipo and fat transfers back in 2011. I am hoping for a thigh lift next year and I will be done.

I did work out which helps, but there was no fixing my extra skin.. as the years have passed it had started to sag even more (stretch marks!) and started looking worse so it was time.

I am over all happy. Ive had issues with the incisions healing poorly, I had scar revision in April on both arms, the left arm was the worst the first go around.. right arm amazing now, left arm still causing problems... I have very tight spots (roping) and had a round of steroid shots last Drs visit. I go back and she will be injecting again and I have been getting scar massage. I am fine with how it looks, just glad to have the flub gone, just not pleased with it hurting.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

David147
on 7/31/15 3:37 am

There are a number of treatment options available for arm lift surgery. It is important to remember that techniques are constantly evolving and updating. All of our surgeons stay up to date with the very latest research and techniques so that they can offer you the best…this may mean that they can discuss options with you that you may not yet have found out about through your research (although, of course, personal research is a very important part of the decision to have surgery!)

Selecting the most suitable arm lift surgery technique for you also depends greatly on the amount of skin that you have and its location. We cannot know this without seeing photographs of your area of concern or, ideally, viewing the area at consultation. Liposuction alone may even be appropriate, if you are looking for a particularly minimally invasive treatment!

Most Active