Plastic surgery after 160 pound loss HELP I can't find a surgeon

angelasubotic4
on 8/9/15 7:07 am - crestview, FL

I need to find a plastic surgeon who deals with major weight loss patients. I went to a consult and paid the $75 fee and was totally disappointed by him... I don't wanna keep paying for consults for the wrong drs. Does anyone know of a surgeon close to where I live? I'm planning to have a tummy tuck and thigh lift end of February. Any and all advice or suggestions will be appreciated. I am very discouraged and I need some help. 

Tracy D.
on 8/10/15 11:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you but I will tell you this:  research, research, research and then do MORE research.  Don't plan your surgery date and try to find a surgeon to fit your timeline.  Find a surgeon and then plan your surgery.  Accept the fact it may not happen until later.  

You want the best that your money can buy.  I live in a major metropolitan area but had to go to somebody 3 hours away in a bigger city who actually knew what the hell he was doing.  Not sure what part of Florida you live in but I would seriously be looking at surgeons in Tampa or Miami.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

angelasubotic4
on 8/11/15 8:20 am - crestview, FL

Thank you for your reply 😀I will defiantly try that. Tampa is about 5 hours south of me but I have family down there so I could possibly take a mini vacation if I found someone there. Do you know if the ps I should be looking for should say something about doing extreme weight loss patients? 

Tracy D.
on 8/11/15 11:05 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You want to make sure that you are only going to someone who has extensive experience working with post-bariatric / extreme weight loss patients.  You have to ask about that.  A "mommy makeover" tummy tuck is NOT the same as a tummy tuck on an extreme weight-loss patient.  You will want to see pictures of these specific types of patients and what they look like post-op.  

If they can't show you pictures, run away!  I almost picked a local surgeon based on her claims that she had done LBLs on "hundreds" of patients...and then she couldn't show me one single before-and-after pic.  Thankfully I ran away from her and later got confirmation on my decision from some other stories I heard about bad results, poor follow-up, etc.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Crazeru
on 8/10/15 12:47 pm

Most folks have to travel to their PS.  You may want to check out Dr Sauceda.  You can take pics of your front, side, back, side and then send to [email protected] and he'll get back to you with a quote.  We have a group here on OH, click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

angelasubotic4
on 8/11/15 8:18 am - crestview, FL

Thank you for the reply. I dunno why I assumed it would be so easy to find a ps. I will look into what you suggested. Does he charge with just sending the pictures?

Crazeru
on 8/11/15 9:01 am

No, he does not charge.  He'll take a look and give you a quote.  Because it's medical tourism, your general stay is for 12 days.  If your quote is over 7k, then your hotel is paid for.  Plus, 2 compression garments, your food while you are in the clinic.  Once you go back to the hotel, then have a great buffet.  Generally, it's enough to take fruit, yogurt, etc back for snacks.  Plus, you'll get up to $600 off for your flight down to Monterrey.  Dr Sauceda specializes in WL folks.  So he knows our skin issues.  Surgery is done with twilight sedation, so that he can do more procedures safely.   Plus, it was great for me, no after effects.  I had a great sleep for 12 hrs.  Very little to no pain.  Tightness, yes, but the epidural lasts for about 30 hrs. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Janine Greenwood
on 8/11/15 7:26 pm - Long Beach, CA

http://plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com

I have had two rounds of plastic surgery by Dr. Agha.  

Check out his gallery  his work is amazing!

AZDee
on 8/14/15 8:48 am - Gilbert, AZ

Dr Peter Fisher in San Antonio specializes in previously obese patients with over 85% of his surgeries being so.  He has perfected many new techniques for far superior results...And his prices are surprising good too...  

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/15 8:40 pm

My wife found a surgeon got a Tummy Tuck Surgery in Thailand, with the help of Placidway, a medical tourism company. She was referred by this company to Nirunda Clinic in Bangkok which is a that made her comfortable. http://www.placidway.com/package/2955/Best-Tummy-Tuck-Package-in-Thailand/

Most Active