anyone get a TT around 240lbs?

ajporter14
on 8/18/15 7:31 pm - gainesville , FL

Ive lost 130 and my weight has plataued and has been the same for about two years, no regain either. I have such a hanging tummy and Im so painfully aware of it ALL THE TIME! Ive spoken to a couple of drs and all have different opinions on if I should get it done now or wait until I finally lose about another 40 pounds. Every day I change my mind on doing it now or waiting, so Im curious to see if anyone had skin removed at still a relatively high weight? And what were the results? 

emelar
on 8/19/15 8:57 am - TX

Most surgeons want you at a steady weight and want you to plan to stay there!  A little bit of shift up or down isn't a problem, but losing or gaining too much changes your results.

So, how committed are you to getting the last 40 pounds off?  If you're serious about it, then wait until you're there get your tummy tuck.  If you're happy where you are, and you can maintain where you are, then go for it!

Just don't expect any great weight loss from the surgery.  Your clothes will fit better, and you may drop a size or two depending on how you carry your weight.  But there usually isn't a big weight loss.

ajporter14
on 8/19/15 11:13 am - gainesville , FL

I carry probably all of the last 40 I want to lose in my hanging tummy and thighs. I know I can maintain this weight and thats why Im so tempted to get it done now. But I just feel like I weigh too much and despite my best efforts I cant seem to get the scale to move all this time later. When I do see dr who dont recommend it there reason is that my BMI needs to be 30 or less for safety reasons, but there is no denying that I dont need it. And then again Im not terribly unhappy at the size I am now, other than the sagging skin, I think that might be because of where I have started though....clearly IDK! 

RosieMae
on 9/17/15 6:08 pm

I started at 390lbs and down to 238 pounds.  I am going for a LBL on 10-13-15.  I have been at this weight for about 4 months and am pretty happy with it.  Maybe will decide to lose more after the surgery but if I do, I do if I don't ok to.

saletiajohnson
on 8/20/15 8:22 pm - anchorage, AK

if you go to realself.com there are tons of reviews with woman who have had tummy tucks at that weight! Whatever weight you are comfortable and steady at I would just do it!

HW:333 SW:309 (7/14/09) CW:135

Plastics In MEXICO on 09/07/2015.

Arm lift/ Thigh lift / breast lift w/ implants/ lower body lift

Nikke2003
on 8/23/15 9:29 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

One plastic surgeon I saw for a consult had a lot of "before and after" photos from patients that still had a decent amount of weight to lose when they had plastics... so I know that some will do it. I think it's a personal decision; however, I will say that when looking at the photos it was very clear that these individuals didn't have as great of results post-plastics as those patients that were closer to a normal BMI. Plastic surgery is a HUGE investment in money and recovery and you definitely want to position yourself to be as satisfied with the results as possible!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

cutekatie
on 8/27/15 4:10 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I was 180 pounds when I had surgery and had some of the similar concerns you have regarding not being at "goal."

My plastuc surgeon was awesome in his explanation when I asked whether it would be better to wait until I lost more weight. He said that he'd rather do the surgery at a weight that I can maintain in the long term as opposed to me losing the weight and gaining it back and ruining his work.

I will also point out that the anesthesiologist was concerned about my weight but after surgery he showed me his records and how healthy I was in terms of my heart rate, breathing, etc.

In terms of results I think you can access my before and after pics that are on my profile. I still have rolls on my side but my clothes fit so much better and I actually spent the summer in a two piece. I got the surgery because it was uncomfortable for me to wear any type of clothing and I wanted to get rid of the hanging skin. My stomach is now flat and although I'm not a normal BMI. I am very happy with the results.

I hope this helps.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active