Fat Injected Into Nasolabial Folds?

ipray
on 10/12/15 1:56 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello Friends,

I have lost almost 100 lbs. and had very deep nasolbial folds. I had fillers and it did help, but I do not wish to keep spending the money and replacing the fillers. I definately need a neck lift as well and my PS (Dr. Fontana, in Maryland) said that he could take fat from another area of my body and inject it into my folds and this would eliminate the need for future fillers. He quoted me a cost of $11,000.00 for the neck lift and fat injections. Has anyone had fat injected into their nasolbial folds and if so, how do you like your results?

proudauntie
on 10/12/15 6:46 pm - Honolulu, HI

Hi - I live in Hawaii and prices here are usually higher than most places. I had a fat transfer to several areas in my face including the nasolbial folds and I paid $2,000.00 Love the results and I think I look better now (2 years later) than I get right after the procedure. I had my neck lift the same time as my face lift and the cost for the neck portion was less than $5,000.00.

ipray
on 10/13/15 9:32 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you for your reply! Glad to hear you are happy with the fat transfer. I feel better about getting it done. Sounds like my estimate for the combination neck and fat transfer is a little high. Thanks again for responding!

Tracy D.
on 10/13/15 9:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've priced entire face lifts with fat transfer that were less than what you're getting told for a neck lift and fan transfer. But check other surgeons and their prices just to make sure you are getting a fair price.

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ipray
on 10/13/15 9:37 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you Tracy! I live right outside of Washington D.C., so I thought maybe the price seemed high because of where I live. But in hearing from you and the previous responder, it sounds like I should get other estimates. Thank you for pointing this out to me. (You may have saved me quite a bit of money). Thanks again!!!

Mell
on 10/14/15 1:03 pm

Hi!

I had fat injections in Mexico in my folds and cheeks, the cheeks stayed but the folds did not I now get Perlane fillers annually and botox in my forehead that gets rid of the wrinkles on my forehead. Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

ipray
on 10/15/15 7:46 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thanks for sharing your experience Mell!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/15 8:40 pm

I lost 140 lbs and had serious excess skin around the Nas folds. Fat injections were not going to be enough so I had a direct excision of the Nasolabial folds about 3 weeks. I was quoted 12k by nyc plastic surgeon, and after some research, I found an experienced facial plastic surgeon in Oakland CA who did it for 4k. It cost another 1k to fly out and get a hotel but I saved a lot.

Also worth noting that their are docs that specialize in general plastic surgery (most of them) and docs that are licensed facial plastic surgery. The later is who you want working on your face.

Mell
on 10/19/15 8:30 am

Who was the doctor in Oakland you used?

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/15 3:47 pm

Sheldon Kabaker

Most Active