who used Dr Laura Carmina Cardenas?

Suevsg
on 10/13/15 3:06 am

Hi all!!!

Who has used this Dr and what were your results? Would you you use again? She has great reviews on RS, but when I did a search here not much came up? Any info is welcome.

thanks a mil

Sue

cross post Mexico forum

SLeevecity
on 10/13/15 5:03 am, edited 10/12/15 10:24 pm

This site has limited info on plastic surgeons with the exception of Dr Sauceda. Realself seems legit, especially when a surgeon has many reviews with photos.

I am looking into Cardenas and spoke with her about ny situation. She is very high on my list as are 2 others surgeons in TJ who operate out of Hospital Angeles.

Many of these procedures are lengthy and I am now contemplating having them in a hospital.

Also looking into several hospital based surgeons in Mexico City and Monterrey. These surgeons practice in JCI accredited hospitals, do not have many reviews on these sites but are highly respected in Mexico. These docs did excellent fellowships inclung in the US , Latin Erica and Europe.

Back to Cardenas; her photos are excellent and she stressed safety precautions which was impressive. I also like the idea that she uses a pain pump with anesthesia for the first 3-4 days.

Suevsg
on 10/13/15 5:12 am

yes that is exactly correct, most info is on Sauceda. thank you for the info, I appreciate it

SLeevecity
on 10/13/15 5:23 am

Mexico has many fine plastic surgeons. I am focused on the group who have excellent training and credentials.

MyBariatricLife
on 10/20/15 5:54 pm, edited 10/20/15 10:55 am

I "knew" one patient of Cardenas from the RealSelf site and she had a beautiful result right after surgery. However, she developed a huge cyst like mass in her buttock that she says a US plastic surgeon told her was from dirty instruments. Another patient on that site described a horrendous experience with Cardenas's clinic, making it sound like a back alley abortion clinic. I don't know this patient so I cannot say if her story is accurate -- but it certainly was alarming enough to me that I decided to post to you about it. I would not say to rule out Cardenas, but just to get some personal references. I recall the first patient was named BubbleGumBooty but I do not recall the second patient. Good luck!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

SLeevecity
on 10/20/15 6:14 pm

I have been looking into Cardenas and received a quote and spIke to her. The clinic seems nice and I believe Dr Quinones also operates there. I think the surgical center is called Pompeii Surgical Center and is fairly new.

The reviews and photos on realself seem impressive. I am also looking at Pablo Cervantes who is hospital based.

I may be more comfortable in a hospital rather than a surgical center though.

MyBariatricLife
on 10/20/15 6:22 pm

I had my body contouring in a hospital and my facial plastic surgery in a surgery center. I was very comfortable in both facilities but that really had more to do with the surgeon operating on me than anything else. In the surgery center, she was very close to the hospital and we discussed her protocol should something go awry during the operation. The benefit of a surgery center is that there are less germs than in a hospital OR. Since the surgery center is dealing with plastic / cosmetic surgeries and the like, versus operating on people who can be very ill and carry all kinds of infection. I made sure to use Hibicleanse before my surgery in the hospital. Well, actually, it wasn't really a hospital now that I think about it. It was the plastic surgery center at a hospital, and it was in a different building. Good luck with your journey!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active