Post-op arm lift day 2

Dcgirl
on 10/17/15 7:53 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH peeps - just checking in on day 2 post-op from my arm lift. I went into surgery around 3 pm on Thursday and woke up in recovery around 7:30 pm. I was in an uber headed home with my mom around 9:30 pm - feeling very nauseated but with relatively little pain! I slept well that first night and yesterday was more uncomfortable than painful. I had friends over for lunch and went outside for a walk - got 5,000 steps in :) Today I am planning for 10,000 steps so we will see. I'm going to the movies because I CANNOT sit on the couch any more! I'm not cut out to convalesce lol.

Thanks for your support and advice leading up to this. I will post before and afters once I unwrap these mummy bandages. I'm just grateful to be feeling good.

Laura in Texas
on 10/18/15 6:31 am

Be careful with the walking. Excess movement can widen the scars. Seriously I would sit still for a few weeks. Bad arm scars are forever.

Otherwise, I am glad you are doing well!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Needanewbeginning
on 10/18/15 7:55 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Glad to hear your doing well! I agree, I know it's hard to sit around the first few weeks, but it's very true especially because your arms will,swing as you walk and your arms are nit elevated, you may find in the next couple of days a lot of pressure like your arms are swelling. It's a sign you need to rest and elevate your arms.

Take it easy pal, can't wait to see some pics!

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Tracy D.
on 10/19/15 5:57 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I know you are the Wonder Woman of recovery from plastics but don't pu**** Pamper those incisions for a little while. Can't wait to see your results!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Dcgirl
on 10/19/15 10:30 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks for talking sense into my thick skull, girls! I find it SO hard to do nothing - particularly when I am being forced to do nothing. I am balancing out the walking with relaxing, and feeling really great. When I am home, my arms are elevated, and they are wrapped at all times. I am shocked how good I feel. I can't wait for my follow-up appointment with my surgeon on Thursday, and mostly to get the compression sleeves. Right now I look like the Pillsbury Doughboy with these huge wrapped arms stuffed into a hoodie and with my arms out from my sides (my mom has taken to calling me Steroid Sue because I look like one of those crazy bodybuilders who can't put their arms down by their sides ha ha).

I promise to post before and after pics as soon as I am unwrapped and the swelling has gone down :)

Em

Most Active