Arm compression sleeves that don't connect in the back?

Dcgirl
on 10/22/15 12:54 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all - I have searched for this but to no avail. I am one week post-op from an arm lift and my surgeon gave me compression sleeves that hook in the back. Not only do I live alone and it will be hard if not impossible for me to do on my own, but they also hook pretty high for some of my shirts. Did anyone use any compression sleeves that went from upper arm to wrist but did not hook in the back?

Any product advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Needanewbeginning
on 10/22/15 1:44 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My surgeon doesn't require compression for my brachioplasty but I did have an issue with my left arm and some swelling so he used a tensor bandage that took me a few try's to get the hang of. He did have a compression with sleeves that zipped or hooked in the front I could have purchased but the tensor worked great.

I will call my surgeon in the morning and ask the name and forward you the link and info as soon as I get it.

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Dcgirl
on 10/22/15 2:24 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Annette! I really appreciate it!

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 2:01 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I have no idea if they would be surgeon-approved, but I use Zensah arm sleeves for warmth while biking and to keep my arm flab a little more "compacted" under some shirts. They stay up surprisingly well. Some days I bike to work and keep them on when I change into scrubs, and everyone just thinks I'm wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under them.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 2:01 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I should note that they come across Woot.com occasionally for $9.99 a pair, but you can never predict when they'll be the deal of the day.

Dcgirl
on 10/22/15 2:25 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I will be on the lookout! Thanks!

Sherrie P.
on 10/22/15 6:03 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Amazon - search for compression sleeves.

Like shooter sleeves...

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Needanewbeginning
on 10/23/15 8:26 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Ok spoke to my surgeon. Here is the site. Expensive though. They have a variety of them and also have some with only arms that do up front. Comfy. I have the #320-torso brief with zippers on now for the extra lipo he did on my flanks and tummy. I wish I had worn this one for my tt, but the binder was really a lot more firm, not as comfy but ...

Take care,

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Dcgirl
on 10/23/15 8:43 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oooh thanks - I like the look of the arms one that hooks in front. The one I have hooks in back - how the hell I can get into it on my own is beyond me lol. I may end up splurging the $56 for the arms that hook in front. I ordered $20 sleeves that don't hook from amazon (they arrive tomorrow) so I will see if those work for me. My surgeon said I can use sleeves that don't connect as long as the part by my armpit doesn't dig.

jeterway
on 10/26/15 8:16 am

I used the vest with sleeves like Annette pointed out - mine was from Marena though. I found the fabric a little rough on my skin though. I had some old fat long sleeved tshirts that I had saved - not sure why I save them - but they came in handy. I slipped one of them on underneath the vest and found it to be much more comfortable to wear. I also had my arms done in August so the weather could have been a factor as well.

Most Active