Arm lift photos - pre-op, one day post-op, and seven days post-op

Dcgirl
on 10/23/15 6:01 am, edited 10/23/15 6:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone,

I am one week and one day post-op from an arm lift, and it's been an easy recovery (have been back to walking 4 miles a day since day 2 post-op and really have no pain, just discomfort) but I have been freaking out a little over the scars. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said my arms look great for one week post-op, and I am now in compression sleeves for the next three weeks. Here are pics below for comparison. I hope to be posting a month from now with much less noticeable incisions! Right now there is still pen and glue on the incisions so it's dark.

This is me the day before my arm lift - all pics illustrate why an arm lift was (for me) necessary - especially since my lower body lift and breast lift in March of this year left the rest of my upper body looking pretty darn good!

Below, the top two pics are one day post-op (such bruising!), the middle is how I basically looked for the past week, and the bottom two pics are from seven days post-op (yesterday) I want to thank all of those who had an arm lift and shared pics and experiences on this site - not only did your arms inspire me (I'm looking at you, Laura in Texas) but it is helping me manage the whole process and expectations. Have a great weekend, all!

ETA the surgeon said he removed a pound of skin!!!

Tracy D.
on 10/23/15 6:55 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I think your incisions at one-week post op look FANTASTIC! Follow doctor's orders and don't pusy it, lady

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Dcgirl
on 10/23/15 7:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I know, Tracy - my head says take it easy but I am literally ITCHING to be active. Crazy coming from a formerly SMO person lol. But he is ok with me walking - nothing more however. When I walk, my arms are out from my sides and don't swing, so I don't irritate the incisions. I look like a roided out bodybuilder with my bulky arms stuffed into sleeves ha ha!

Tracy D.
on 10/23/15 7:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

LOL! I can just picture that

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Needanewbeginning
on 10/23/15 8:17 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Fantastic results! Yay you! I am thrilled with mine as well.mi will have to post my one month post as well! I FINALLY got the marker and stickey tape residue off so I look a little cleaner now as well.

Oh and shaving! Wow, very little hair left and the pits look great!

Keep well,

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Dcgirl
on 10/23/15 8:24 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Please post pics! I love to see how other people are coming along! My surgeon said not to peel off the glue and scabs for another week or so...see how much they fall off on their own. He gave me a cream to use on the scars but I can't use the cream until the glue is off. He said he took most of my armpit hair, if not all. My armpit incisions are quite raised but he says they will flatten out. I trust him since my other scars are so fabulous! I can't wait to be a month out and be done with compression sleeves/wraps. Did you have to wear anything on your arms for swelling?

So glad you are thrilled, Annette!

Em

Needanewbeginning
on 10/23/15 8:34 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

No compression for my arms except for around the 12-14 day mark I was feeling more pain than discomfort in my left arm. I didn't like that, lol! Especially because my right arm felt great compared. Anyhoooo

I called my surgeon he said lets do a little compression on it as it was swelling more than the other arm and because nerve endings are beginning to heal etc etc...he thought wearing a large tensor bandage from my shoulder to elbow will help. He was right, it's been 14 days wearing it and it I actually didn't bother wearing it today!

Pics coming up!

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Dcgirl
on 10/23/15 8:38 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It's so fascinating how every surgeon is different. I had one week of two Ace bandages per arm and now three more weeks of arm compression sleeves. I do think it helps the swelling, although what do I know :)

Are you using any creams/any silicone gel thingys that I read about on here?

I haven't had any pain - just slight discomfort. I feel so fortunate that I really only had one day where I relaxed and have felt high energy since.

I will be on the lookout for your pics! So glad you are doing so well!!!

Laura in Texas
on 10/24/15 4:56 am

Good for you, girl!! Your arms look awesome. I remember early on you were hesitant about wanting to get them done. I knew you would want them done.

Happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dcgirl
on 10/24/15 5:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You were so right! Once the rest of my upper body was less saggy, it amplified my bat wings. Your arms have totally inspired me so thank YOU! I'm so glad I did this and am just hoping my scars aren't too bad ?

Most Active