Cost

kathy215
on 10/23/15 5:27 pm

Hi..

I am almost 5 years post Duodenal Switch surgery, I am considering a tummy tuck.. I can't stand the excess skin anymore. I know cost varies but what did you pay for your tummy tuck? I just want the skin removed, I'm not interested in getting my muscles tightened. Also, how long was your recovery..

Thanks in advance

Kathy

JA
on 10/26/15 7:44 am - East Haven, CT

Hi Kathy,

I would strongly advise muscle tightening otherwise you'll have to have it done again in a few years (I know first hand). Cost depends on where you live, I would assume. In CT it runs from $9-11,000. Good luck.

JA

Tracy D.
on 10/26/15 8:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Kathy - there are different kinds of tummy tucks. There are mini-tucks (that I'm assuming wouldn't work for you); tucks that go from hipbone-to-hipbone; and extended tummy tucks which end up going part way around your back (and most formerly MOB need this one). And of course there is the full circumferential lower body lift. Most surgeons will also do some lipo and any necessary muscle repair.

All of these variables add cost and change the trajectory of your recovery period. You could be looking at $4,000 or $15,000. You need to find the surgeon that you want first and then see what his prices are.

Honestly, although it hurts like a ***** I would encourage you to go for muscle repair or you may be disappointed in your long-term result.

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Crazeru
on 10/26/15 11:17 am

Dr Sauceda large TT is $5500, and LBL $7200. I went with the LBL, BL, arms and sm thigh lift including a full face lift and upper and lower eyes for under $20k. I was off for 8 weeks.

Generally, the TT and lower body lift includes muscle tightening and raising the mons area.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

W. John Suber,
M.D.

on 10/29/15 12:39 pm - Greenville, SC

I would repeat what another poster has stated, do not rule out management of the abdominal muscle wall. This is very important to consider. It is key, in fact. Laxity of the abdominal musculature is typical, not the exception, for MWL patients and ought to be properly evaluated by your plastic surgeon.

Regarding cost, do not rule out that for patients with symptoms, costs may be defrayed or covered by insurance. Have a plastic surgeon who is willing to evaluate you and communicate/deal with your carrier. This is not a given, and is in fact rarer than it is typical. But we are "out there."

Good luck!

• W. John Suber, M.D.
  • Suber Plastic Surgery, LLC
  • 2755 S Hwy 14, Ste 2150
  • Greer, SC 29650
  • 864-288-8118
chessy670
on 11/12/15 10:55 pm

The cost for tummy tuck is different in different places. I do recommend you to get muscle tightened or else after a year you will have to get them tighten. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 1:57 pm
On October 24, 2015 at 12:27 AM Pacific Time, kathy215 wrote:

Hi..

I am almost 5 years post Duodenal Switch surgery, I am considering a tummy tuck.. I can't stand the excess skin anymore. I know cost varies but what did you pay for your tummy tuck? I just want the skin removed, I'm not interested in getting my muscles tightened. Also, how long was your recovery..

Thanks in advance

Kathy

We always try and get the procedures covered by your insurance carrier. If not, the costs vary depending on how much loose skin you have but are between 8-12,000. 

Most Active