BL versus BL/BA

Susie K.
on 11/15/15 12:26 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

I'm going to have surgery this upcoming week, on November 19th in San Antonio. Traveling down to SA tomorrow (Sunday 15th) and then for pre op (Monday 16th). Having LBL, Arms, BL (possibly BL/BA) this coming week. BA not scheduled, only BL.

I was just perfectly fine with having a BL, until my consultation. It was at that time that I realized how small my boobs might be. I'm just not sure that I'll be satisfied with just the BL. Man I know this is last minute, but I just don't want to have "boob buyer's remorse" with the breast surgery.

I'm just throwing this question out there: To BA or not to BA. That is the question.

Thanks y'all...Susie 

Susie

stephanieplum
on 11/15/15 5:26 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

No advice but just wanted to say hello!  I'm looking into plastics next summer.  Hope all goes well for you!!  Let us know!

Hugs.  Love. Prayers.

breathemusic
on 11/16/15 6:24 am

BA and sizing is really all a matter of preference.  I will say that many docs can take some fat/tissue from other areas and put that into the breast to help with sizing if you're not interested in getting implants (keep in mind that implants have to be replaced every 10-15 years, so that's more surgery down the road).  Fat transfer can't really be used for huge size differences, but it might keep you from being too small and making you unhappy.  Your surgeon should be able to give you an idea of what size you'd end up with or without any additional work.

emelar
on 11/16/15 8:24 am - TX

I went with just the lift.  First, didn't want to deal with implants, or complications of implants, down the road.  More important, doc said that, because of my age and condition of my skin, the implants would likely drop and stretch my breasts out again.  Had the lift.  He said he removed lots of skin.  I can tell that he removed lots of skin.  Still a C or D cup, depending on the brand.  I definitely don't have upper pole fullness, but I'm okay with that.

My only hesitation with your situation is that you're making a last minute decision.  I assume you haven't had time to gauge sizes, research the types of implants or the placement of the implants.  Making a decision in haste often leads to regret.  I'd risk not doing the implants right now, let the girls heal, and see how you feel about them.

Best of luck with your surgery!

Most Active