Arm lift photos: one day, one week, and five weeks post-op

Dcgirl
on 11/19/15 12:26 pm, edited 11/19/15 12:28 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone,

Before my plastics I was OBSESSED with finding before and after pics on the boards to see how my surgery might turn out.  Everyone heals differently, and you will find an array of results depending on the surgeon and the patient.  But today I am five weeks post-op from my arm lift and super happy with the results.  The images below are:

Top two images: one day post op - lots of bruising from lipo

Middle two images: one week post op - the superglue stuff has come off for the most part, along with the scabs

Bottom two images: five weeks post op (today!), no more scabs and just strange lumps in my armpit likely from the confluence of incisions that were a little open for a week or so (surgeon said I needed to take it easy, do less, and "stop being so type A" lol.  I tried to obey him, I really did, but two weeks after surgery I went to Orlando for work and then a week after that to Europe for 10 days so I am sure I was doing more than I should have).  My surgeon says: "You have what's called hyper granulation tissue forming in those areas of the armpit making it bumpy. Come in when your schedule allows so I can look at it. Sometime we have to use a chemical to help flatten the tissue."

I have no pain and no issues, and my clothes fit oh so much better.  I am happy with the scarring so far and hope it will continue to lighten.  Hopefully these pics are helpful if you are considering brachioplasty.  I am thrilled I did it - 3 hours of surgery, home the same day, very little pain...and NO MORE BAT WINGS!

:)

Nikke2003
on 11/24/15 10:16 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Awesome girl!!! HEY... I will be in DC/Bethesda from the 29th to the 4th - are you available at all for dinner!?

It's funny... everyone always mentioned how much they cringed when they looked at my post-op photos and said "that must hurt!" and I thought they were nuts. Here I am looking at yours going "Jesus... that looks so painful!" haha!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Dcgirl
on 11/24/15 10:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

So funny!  Yeah the only thing that hurt was my muscle tightening of my LBL - nothing else hurt much at all!  But I thought the same about your pics so it just goes to show.

YES - I am home all week next week!  DEFINITELY dinner!  I can come to Bethesda.  There is a super cute downtown that I have spent no time in lol.  We can meet down there by the Apple store and then find our way to one of them.  Is there a night that is better for you?  I have a friend staying with me on Monday and a condo meeting on Thursday but free Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday.  Sunday might be nice since usually I dread the day before the workweek begins after a few days off, and that would give me something to look forward to ha ha.  Just let me know what works for you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Most Active