BBL/Fat Transfer 5 years after DS

kikidom
on 11/30/15 10:08 am - Piscataway, NJ

Hello ALL,

I have a quick question about Plastics after the DS.  I had my DS in 2010, prior to that I had a breast reduction in 2003...I mention this to let you know that my reduced breasts are now deflated bags on my chest. In addition to having loose skin, I have zero booty and I want to get a BBL among other things. I'm 36, no kids and I'm not sure if at this point...it's going to happen(it could and I'd be happy with that).  I have been researching Plastic Surgery in Mexico, Colombia, DR and Costa Rica and I have received quotes.

My questions are:

• Due the Mal-absorption of the DS will my fat transfer fail?
  • Have you had surgery in any of the countries mentioned?
  • Have you had any fat transfer procedures or plastics after your DS?
  • Do you have any regrets?
Natalicious
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/15 8:08 pm

In order:

• No issue with DS. Fat cells only go away with liposuction. Generally you can think of the like a balloon that gets inflated, deflated but never pops.
  • I had high ps quotes in NYC, so I flew to Oakland CA and had a very qualified surgeon for about 1/3rd the price.
  • No fat transfer yet but I badly need it in my face. My understanding is the location where the fat is placed has the most impact on its long term success prognosis.
  • No regrets for surgery done on my face, future surgery is TBD.

Good luck!

kikidom
on 11/30/15 9:13 pm - Piscataway, NJ

Thank you so much for you soooo much for your response...I was really concerned about the malabsorption issue but I'm thinking that I can continue to save to get this done.  Who did you go to in CA?  Would you recommend them?

Be well

Natalicious
Needanewbeginning
on 12/1/15 7:23 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I was going to have a fat transfer done to my breasts at the same time as my brachioplasty with lipo on my flanks, but decided not to about two weeks before. Reason, no guarantee after a couple of years of how much fat would get reabsorbed. I am beyond happy with my decision. 

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

kikidom
on 12/1/15 7:30 am - Piscataway, NJ

Hi,

did you get implants instead?  What did you do about your breasts?

thanks for your response!

Natalicious
Needanewbeginning
on 12/2/15 9:26 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

No, I decided to just leave my breasts as they were. I knew my surgeron was doing extended incisions and he was able to remove a lot of skin on my sides along with more lipo on my flanks and tummy areas (I had a full tummy tuck in November 2014). My results were fantastic. 

I didn't want yo have to replace my implants every ten years or so. My girls are small now but not as droopy at all and having the right bra helps as well.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

hollykim
on 12/1/15 6:32 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 30, 2015 at 6:08 PM Pacific Time, kikidom wrote:

Hello ALL,

I have a quick question about Plastics after the DS.  I had my DS in 2010, prior to that I had a breast reduction in 2003...I mention this to let you know that my reduced breasts are now deflated bags on my chest. In addition to having loose skin, I have zero booty and I want to get a BBL among other things. I'm 36, no kids and I'm not sure if at this point...it's going to happen(it could and I'd be happy with that).  I have been researching Plastic Surgery in Mexico, Colombia, DR and Costa Rica and I have received quotes.

My questions are:

• Due the Mal-absorption of the DS will my fat transfer fail?
  • Have you had surgery in any of the countries mentioned?
  • Have you had any fat transfer procedures or plastics after your DS?
  • Do you have any regrets?

t

malabsorption from. The DS happens in your intestines,not in your skin ,so that is not an issue. I have heard that sometimes the fat will re absorb from where it was placed and sometimes it will migrate from where it was placed to a different place,and that place it migrates to is not always where it is needed. 

There seems to be no real way to keep it where you want it,and keep it from migrating.

i had 7 procedures in Monterey MX with dr. Sauceda for a very reasonable price and the care was awesome.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/2/15 8:30 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I bookmarked this post - I think this lady had FANTASTIC plastic results.  If I were to do it, I would get more info from her.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/members/sherry24184/

Sharon

Dodgergirl27
on 12/4/15 9:21 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hello.  I had RNY, so can't fully answer your question, but I am 2 weeks out from fat transfer to my breast and upper booty (along with a lift of both areas).  I'm still undecided.  I can say I really think my breast look great (they were deflated sad hangy bags and now are perky and I think full looking, I'm a C cup).  My butt....tbd.  He still needs to do more fat transfer to the bottom/underside of my butt to round it out and said the surgery I had was too long to be able to do both (I was under for almost 9 hours, as the breast lift was very complicated).  He wants me to come back in 3 months and to do lipo from my stomach and arms with a fat transfer to the underside of my bottom.  I've always had a flat a**, so having roundness, esp. up top around my hips is uncomfortable for me at this point, and a lot of my clothes that fit before surgery don't fit now.  I'm still swollen and trying to reserve judgement.  But I love my boobs, undecided about my butt.  Hope that helps,

hipswishingvinegarball
on 12/20/15 11:17 pm

I've had surgery in Costa Rica and MX, and fat transfer post DS, and EVERY LAST BIT OF IT took. It wasn't supposed to, lol. 

Fat transfers are finicky, and vary a lot. 

Most Active