Pre-op appointment tomorrow for TT on 2/16/16

finechocolate
on 1/31/16 6:31 pm - Ayer, MA

Pre-Op appointment tomorrow with PS who will be doing my  full TT and General Surgeon who will be doing my hernia repair on 2/16/16. I have 2 weeks (and 1 day but who's counting???). I'm so excited I can't stand it. Could TT veterans please reply with a list of supplies and items I may need. Here is what I have so far from my BA/BL, arm lift and upper body lift (bra fat area and flanks):

Items 1&2 we had in our home anyway but I definitely needed them! 

1)  Serta icomfort Adjustable Bed (love it!)

2) Reclining Couch and Loveseat

3) Shower bench (goes over tub so I can sit and lift my legs in shower)

4) Toilet seat riser (or whatever it's called, makes toilet seat higher)

5) Walker w/tennis balls (Hubbie said "told you, you would need one these b4 me!!" Ha-Ha VERY funny)

6) Camisoles to go under binder

7) magic genie bra

8) Spanx girdles (not sure what size I'll need so I bought both large and medium. PS says I may need a small! YAY a small!!) PS will give me binders at hospital.

9) Stool softeners, Aquaphor, Neosporin, surgical pads, tape, lip balm

Can't think of anything else, if any of you do please let me know. me doing the cabbage patch dance!

ICG63
on 2/1/16 8:53 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Hi Finechocolate,

You sound extremely well prepared! Good for you.

I'm a week out from body lift, arm, flank, breast lift and my surgeon says it's ok to take off binders etc after I took my first shower.

My favorite item of clothing has been a toasty warm cotton terry robe to put on after the shower, and if it gets any stains (tiny bit of discharge here and there), I switch it out with a big cotton cardigan. I've been rotating from one to the other fresh out of the dryer so they are clean and sterile on my body.

The other thing I did was stock the house with food I like and my husband likes. Lots of lentil soup, eggs, tofu (for me), some frozen meats and bagged salads for him. Also prunes and prune juice, gallons of water, and multi-vitamins with iron.

Good luck with all!

finechocolate
on 2/1/16 2:30 pm - Ayer, MA

Hello ICG63,

Congrats on your surgeries! How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well. thank you for the tip on the robes. I have one fluffy and warm one. I will pick up another so I ca switch them out like you suggest. I will also clean house from top to bottom and stock up on groceries. I think I'm pretty much set. We will have to keep in touch.

Happy Healing to you! 

ICG63
on 2/1/16 2:47 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

I am doing well. Thanks :-) First week out check up was positive.

I had a old person toilet seat thing that goes over the toilet, like a higher chair. It was helpful, but bulky too and no need anymore. Probably if we had to buy or rent it, I would have been fine without. Also, without getting TMI, with constipation as an issue anyway for me, if you are sitting up high with legs dangling, it makes it harder to move bowels. I now sit on the regular seat, and put my feet up on a little stool. That said, I didn't have muscles tightened in abdomen, so that getting up and down isn't as bad as it could be. All of this is so particular to the individual.

You sound very prepared and enthusiastic! Attitude is a huge part of it too! The minute I feel worried or fearful, I try to feel the gratitude instead! We are so lucky to have this option! For me, I'm taking money from my retirement (which may or may not play out well-LOL--I'll be healthy, but without a home!)--but I feel for all the people who want this step and cannot. And of course, grateful that even though it doesn't really feel "elective" it is nothing like a real sickness, to be dealing with this skin.

Yes, lets stay in touch. I'm sure you'll do amazingly well. A lot of deep breaths are helpful too, before and after :-)

All the best.

finechocolate
on 2/9/16 3:19 am - Ayer, MA

Hello ICG63,

I feel so blessed to have the option of surgery as well. There are so many people who would love to have it done but can't afford it. My husband and I paid for my BL,BA,Arm Lift and upper body lift (bra fat area and flanks). We paid a combo of cash and Care Credit Financing at 14% interest. We have paid off the Care Credit.  We paid about $27,000 total. My upcoming Fleur De Lis abdominoplasty with muscle tightening, mons lift and hernia repair is being covered by my insurance. I have Federal Blue Cross/Shield and they have said that it is medically necessary and all I have to pay is my annual deductible of $350 (haven't met it yet as it is only the 2nd month of the year), $250 hospital stay deductible (same price if I stay one night or a week) and 15% of surgeon and anesthesiologist fees. I'm thinking it will be around $1200 (guessing because I don't know what the doctors will charge, so don't know 15% of what amount). Either way $1200-$1500 is a lot better than paying the $10,500 - $12,000 that I would have to pay if it wasn't covered by my insurance!

I'm excited! surgery one week from today! Thank you for your support! How are you feeling? I saw your pics. You look wonderful. 

ICG63
on 2/9/16 8:35 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Wow. So glad you have such a good insurance plan!! 

I'm doing well. The only difficult time is sleeping. I'm a side sleeper, and for me that is still not comfortable. I'm off pain meds (except for nighttime) and standing straight. Just looking forward the swelling all to be gone and the stitches to lay flat...etc.. just to be healed! Feel grateful that all is going well though, and I shouldn't rush things.

Will be thinking of you in a week! It is exciting!

breathemusic
on 2/1/16 9:19 am

You can have them just in case you do end up needing them.... but I highly doubt that you'll need the toilet riser or the walker.  I had a LBL and arm lift at the same time and I still was able to get up and down from the toilet on my own and could shuffle around the floor without anything to help me walk.  So you'll probably be fine!  But if you don't actually have to spend money on those things and have access to one for free, it can't hurt to be prepared for the worst!

finechocolate
on 2/1/16 2:40 pm - Ayer, MA

Hello Breathemusic,

Thank you for responding. I hope I don't need them either. I did read on here a lot of people said they used the walker because their back was sore from walking hunched over. I did by walker from CVS but it was $25.99 and I had some extra bucks so it was only $12. Borrowed toilet seat. So, like you said maybe I won't need them but better to be safe than sorry. With the muscle tightening I hear there is a lot of pain so I was trying to make things as easy on myself as I can. Congrats on your LBL and AL!

I will join you on the  "flatside" soon!

FRITZY79
on 2/8/16 11:29 pm

Good luck.

finechocolate
on 2/9/16 2:30 am - Ayer, MA

Thank you FRITZY79! One week today...woke up at 4:00am and couldn't go back to sleep!

Most Active