Fleur de lis tummy tuck and breast aug tomorrow

G3andBsMOM
on 3/4/16 10:21 am

I am having a Fleur de lis  tummy tuck and breast reconstruction tomorrow (I know on a Sat., yes I was shocked).  I started out going for breast reconstruction, I had breast cancer and this is my 10 year survival.  I am having the tummy tuck as a bonus ( a gift to me).  I went this morning to get my markings done as surgery is at 5:30 am.  I am a ball of NERVES.  This **** just got real! I hope I am prepared I think I am.  I am open to any suggestions/tips/wisdom on what I will need for after. 

I also wanted to Thank Cappy/Carol for your kind words and wisdom you are a great asset to all of us.

Thank you for letting me vent I needed to tell someone.  I am not telling anyone about this I want to keep it private, but I needed to let it out for a minute.  I feel better now.

jeterway
on 3/4/16 12:28 pm

Is this being done as out patient or will you stay in the hospital?  I had a prophylactic mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen just about 5 years ago - so similar incisions.  The first couple of days will be rough but each day does get better.  I was in the hospital for 4 days so I had some watchful eyes keeping track of me.  Don't be afraid to take the pain meds.  You really do want to move around and the pain meds help with that.  They also help you get some sleep.  I slept in my bed as soon as I got home from the hospital but lots of folks seem to like sleeping in a recliner.  The drains are no picnic.  Best if you can have someone help you with those.  You might also want to start yourself on some stool softeners or some miralax to head off the constipation of the pain meds.  Good luck.

G3andBsMOM
on 3/4/16 12:57 pm

I'm staying one to two nights.  They have already schooled my husband on the drains, he will be a big help.  I have been nervous about having the reconstruction done I worry about the cancer returning.  I have talked to several Doctors and they reassure me that it will be fine.  Truthfully I am sad to see my lopsided boobs go in a way I'm a D on the right and a B/A on the left.  But tomorrow is going to start a new chapter so onward and upward.

Thank you for your insight and wisdom.

emelar
on 3/4/16 1:30 pm - TX

When they ask you to cough in the recovery room, cough gently.  The abdominal muscle repair is going to be very ouchy, and a big cough will bring big pain.

Stay on top of your pain meds, particularly for the first few days.  While you're in the hospital, hopefully they'll have you on a nice IV ****tail.

Take your time getting up from a reclining position.  You have to let your pressure normalize before you stand, so sit on the edge of your bed and dangle your legs for a bit before you stand and walk.  You'll have swelling and water retention going on, and it really messes with your blood pressure.

The drains are a nuisance, but no big deal.

I'll second or third the suggestion to take stool softeners.  The pain meds will bring you to a full stop.

Up your protein intake.  You need it for healing.

And, most important, be kind to yourself and heal!  Best of luck!

finechocolate
on 3/13/16 6:54 pm - Ayer, MA

Hello G3andBsMOM,

How are you doing? I was thinking of you and hope you are recovering well.

Happy Healing,

Fine Chocolate 

G3andBsMOM
on 3/17/16 6:20 am

I'm doing great.  The first 4 days were the hell everyone says they are. I had breast reconstruction done on the left side and a lift and lipo with small implant on the right.  I'm am here to say that breast lift and lipo are not for sissies. Bar far the worst pain.  The tummy tuck hurt the first 4 days then it is just a uncomfortable tightness not pain.

Thanks for asking and thinking about me.  I got my drains out yesterday and I get to drive today yay freedom!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/16 5:19 pm

Most Active