Posterior body lift - questions

MissNexxie
on 4/7/16 10:35 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Hello all,

I am considering a posterior body lift with buttock/outer thigh lift and contouring (no inner thigh lift at this time). I had abdominoplasty last year. I also might have a little lipo on my abdomen as its not as flat as I'd like, I have a pooch above the incision.

I'm wondering how people get in and out of bed without opening the backside incision. Should I expect to sleep on my tummy and slide out of bed? Will I be lying flat or at an angle? I want to move enough to prevent blood clots and there's also the business of using the toilet.

Also, is it standard to be done as day surgery? How did you get in/out of the car?

Any advice, info, experiences anyone can share?

Many thanks!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

emelar
on 4/7/16 1:21 pm - TX

I did the full circumferential/lower body lift, and had the same concerns.  Honestly, the butt was easy.  I was put in a compression garment on the operating table and had bandages over the incision.  The incision itself was numb.  There was enough padding that it was comfortable to lie on my back and it caused no problem sitting.  You're more likely to be in pain from the liposuction!

My doc had me stay overnight, but that varies from surgeon to surgeon.

breathemusic
on 4/8/16 9:00 am
On April 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM Pacific Time, emelar wrote:

I did the full circumferential/lower body lift, and had the same concerns.  Honestly, the butt was easy.  I was put in a compression garment on the operating table and had bandages over the incision.  The incision itself was numb.  There was enough padding that it was comfortable to lie on my back and it caused no problem sitting.  You're more likely to be in pain from the liposuction!

My doc had me stay overnight, but that varies from surgeon to surgeon.

Ditto on this one!  I had the same thing and remember thinking before hand "OMG, how am I going to sit down and get up?  what if I scoot forward in my seat accidentally?  Am I going to rip the incision open?!"  And I was WAAAAAY over thinking it.  The sutures and glue/tape/whatever hold very firmly and then the binder on top of that gives lots of control.  Your skin still has plenty of stretch in the butt/back that you can still bend to stand and sit.  Since you've already had the abdominal stuff and it sounds like you're not getting muscle tightening, it should make the recovery process much less painful!

Leslie W.
on 4/9/16 5:46 pm - Cobourg, Canada

With my lift I laid on my sides or stomach. For the first 2 weeks sat on pillows. To come home post op I made a nest with blankets on the back seat. Had 1 1/2 hr to get home. Had no trouble getting in or out of bed.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
NYMom222
on 4/13/16 10:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I had the circumfrential as well... both front and back at the same time....the surgeon also did fat transfer into my butt and contouring too of course. The backside was easy, I really never had any pain there. Slept on my back the whole time.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active