Do I do it all at once? Or split it up? Thoughts?

mayotac
on 4/12/16 8:51 am

Got a quote from Dr Sauceda (wonderful man through email, I'm very impressed!) and he suggests a LBL (tummy tuck and butt lift), inner thigh lift, and breast lift with augmentation.  The price is fine (in fact, it's great compared to the US), but I'm considering whether or not the recovery for the whole thing at once is going to be more than I can bear.  Any thoughts on doing it all at once vs splitting it up?  

Thanks for any input!

breathemusic
on 4/12/16 11:28 am

Since I didn't see an arm lift there on your list as well, I'd absolutely get it all done at once.  Really, you're already gonna be pretty uncomfortable and the pain killers will really help (though the direct incision site is also somewhat numb anyway, which helps).  If you're getting muscle tightening with the LBL then that's the part that's going to be the hardest anyway, so that will probably make the rest of it seem pretty easy.  It also would be helpful to know how much help you'll have at home with getting up and down, or if you plan to rent a lift chair, etc.

The only thing that I'd question is whether it's good to get a thigh lift at the same time as the LBL because of having skin pulling in opposite directions and if that would put strain on the scars.  Some docs won't do both at the same time.  However, I've heard of others that did get it all done at once and had no complaints, so really it's not clear if it actually matters.  So much of the healing process completely varies from person to person and how well they heal.

But if it were me.... I'd just opt for 1 and done!

mayotac
on 4/12/16 2:51 pm

Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply, much appreciated!  Yeah, arms weren't mentioned, they actually aren't too bad, all things considered.  And interesting you would mention the thighs, since I'm not sold that they really NEED to be done either.  I will definitely ask his thoughts on getting all done at once.

Years ago, I spoke with a PS in the states and he actually said he wouldn't do a tummy tuck and breast aug at the same time, since that, too, would have skin being pulled in two different directions, but that seems to be a commonplace procedure combo as well.  So many unknowns, huh?

Lemily
on 4/20/16 7:30 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I had my breasts and tummy done at same time. Doctor said it wouldn't be an issue and advised that I would feel more discomfort from tummy versus breasts, so it was best to recover at the same time. I had no issues with the pulling in either direction. And he was right. The first day my boobs were sore but ice helped. After day 1, it was just the tummy discomfort. I didn't have my arms or thighs done so I cant comment on that. Good luck!

Crazeru
on 4/12/16 5:29 pm

I had the LBL, BL no aug, small thigh lift, only front to back in the groin, not a long thigh lift. and my arms done at the same time.  I was able to get in and out of my waterbed when I got home no problem.  My daughter brought in groceries for me that weight more than 1/2 gal of milk.  If you have arms done, make sure that you've brought anything you have to reach up for down to the counter.  Over-reaching for anything isn't good. 

I did have a full facelift with upper and lower lids and my turkey neck waddle fixed 4 days after my body work.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

mayotac
on 4/12/16 5:40 pm

Sounds like you survived to tell the tale, so maybe my fears are unwarranted?  It would certainly be great to just do one-and-done, and without my arms involved, I should be okay?  Thanks so much for the info and advice!

Crazeru
on 4/18/16 4:09 pm

I wanted a 1 and done as work wouldn't let me keep taking 3 weeks off for each procedure.  My recovery was easier than my DS.  You just have to be careful.  My airport trip home was 13+ hours.  I did take 3 pain pills to get me home.  Mostly, for the chin strap which pinned my ears back onto the stitches from the facelift.  I had hardly any pain from the body surgeries.  Sore and couldn't stand upright, but other than than not much.  I did have wheelchair assistance in all three airports.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

NYMom222
on 4/12/16 8:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Having just had a LBL and am going in 3 weeks For Breast lift and arm lift...I can't imagine doing it all together. I also had a large hernia repair with the LBL so maybe I was in more pain than normal.

That being said, I like that Dr. Sauceda keeps you there 12 days and he and his nurse check up on you everyday. You don't get that here in the states. I would still want to have someone with me.

There was a post on here a week or so ago from someone panicing about flying home from Mexico because she still felt so bad. You might want to go find it....just to get an idea.

Everyone's different in their pain tolerance too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active